DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 remote at 0% wont charge

xedder

Reactions
Mavic 2 pro remote is at 0% doesnt seem to charge any ideas ?
Last few months it only charged to 96 % with full charge.
Battey toast or some kind of reset neeeded?

Reactions: Joethedrone
2 weeks ago Use it a lot (had since 2019 ) maybe just wore out , only goes to 96%

If you use it a lot and it has been a few years Its probably time to get another battery installed or get a new controller There are third party places you can send it to and get the batteries replaced But I have not used them I Had A Mavic pro 1 and the controllers battery finally died first it started doing what you describe then it would charge and only last a few hours and finally death.

Reactions: Octavio
Tried vacuuming out thinking port was shorting out also scraped it with toothpick ...no luck
May get DJI to repair it or DIY ( i can solder ) if i can source legit battery for it.

Tried vacuuming out thinking port was shorting out also scraped it with toothpick ...no luck
May get DJI to repair it or DIY ( i can solder ) if i can source legit battery for it.

There's a bunch of info in the following thread. Some of the info is Mavic Pro 1, but should still be helpful for MP2.

I haven't had to replace my battery yet, but I already bought one and have it stored here somewhere.

Chris

If the battery charges to 96%, why would you need to do anything other than use it?

Mavic 2 pro remote is at 0% doesnt seem to charge any ideas ?
Last few months it only charged to 96 % with full charge.
Battey toast or some kind of reset neeeded?
Does it show that it is charging? Perhaps stick a USB ammeter inline to see if any charge is being delivered.

Here is a good video on how to replace the battery in the RC:

Reactions: Cafguy
Is it possible this entire issue is related to a bad charge port? Why DJI used what port configuration they did has been an ongoing source of damaged ports for a long time.

Is it possible this entire issue is related to a bad charge port? Why DJI used what port configuration they did has been an ongoing source of damaged ports for a long time.
I would think that you would get no read-out at all, were that the case.

Took it to a DJI authorized repair store and they tested and said either port or battery
when i put it away it was 65 % charged then 2 weeks later 0 %
it is very humid here so maybe that shorted some thing or just wore out

If the port is damaged, that should be visible.
Not difficult to replace.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147