DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Skins Available Now!

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
May seem like a silly question, but how difficult is it to put one of these on? Or more accurately how difficult is it to put one of these on successfully? I have nightmares every time I get a new phone and have to put a screen protector on...

These have a nice collection for the mp1 so hopefully won't be long until they bring one out for the mp2.
DJI Mavic Pro Skins
You can also customise your wrap. Decalgirl.com is another good one

Depends. Likely not but if on for a long time or if a chemical breaks down the adhesive bond to the outer material more than the inner, it is possible.

That said, I saw this yesterday as I was ordering FAA decals, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. If the had flat red, I absolutely would have.

That color is so easy to see with my amber Costas that I have started playing that color golf ball.

What is the most visible color in the sky?

That would be the only reason I would want one. I would think orange but maybe others have tried a different color against the sky that may have better visibility.

@Trees138 seems to like red.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds

That would be the only reason I would want one. I would think orange but maybe others have tried a different color against the sky that may have better visibility.

Visibility is my only intrest in them too.

The best selection and brightest colors I've ever seen is from DJI Mavic Pro Skins | iStyles

They will have their Mavic 2 patterns set up very soon.

I'm also going with their Solid State Lime with gloss finish.

In addition to that, I've ordered 4 Strobon stobes (FAA compliant) that will be mounted using these:
Aerial-Pixel - Vinyl Graphics, Vinyl Decals, Apparel, 3D Printing

Reactions: Trees138
These have a nice collection for the mp1 so hopefully won't be long until they bring one out for the mp2.
DJI Mavic Pro Skins
You can also customise your wrap. Decalgirl.com is another good one
I got 2 emails back from DecalGirl and they twice said they were not offering M2 skins and didn't show any interest in them.

Reactions: Whack
It depends on eyewear. With my grey lensed Costas Greens are probably the most vibrant. With the amber lenses, orange is quite good, pink is very neon, but again... matte red might as well have LED's illuminating it. It is very difficult to miss.

I may wind up finding a matte clear I can apply over a red decal set, but I will wait until there are more options available.

Reactions: wsettle

I think that may depend on your typical sky. If it's blue skies or getting dark, I think the white drones (and planes) show up better. When it's overcast I think the black ones show up better, due to contrast. If it's going to be above you, I'm not sure how much the skin color would help, since the heatsink is the largest area and can't be covered and you may just see the bottom of the legs. If foliage will be in the background I could see one of the neon colors or safety yellow/orange helping it remain visible.

Last edited:
Reactions: wsettle
I choose the blue digital camo

Good luck seeing mine in the sky lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31