DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Tracker

mike graham

Reactions
Hi everyone

Has anyone got advice on trackers, just arrived a marco polo pet tracker from the states (couldn’t get the drone tracker version and accidentally tapped one touch buy from amazon, 2 weeks later and £235 it’s here...) and a loca8tor also arrived today, loca8tor seems ok but not tested either in the drone yet but short range and the marco polo to be fair except expensive is nice quality and supposed 2km range, so which shall I keep and which do I send back??! Also where would you attach the tracking unit as sensors everywhere!?? starting to think the marco is a better insurance policy if the mavic decided to fly away, thoughts appreciated

If between those two, I'd keep the Marco Polo since the range is much greater. The Loc8tor is really only a good choice if you're flying close by (like within 400 feet) over an area where it could be easily lost (like in a field of tall grass).

Reactions: BD0G
I thought that thanks, just needed someone to tell me to justify the price! although a worthwhile purchase if I can find the Mavic, still not sure where to locate it though....do you think on one of the arms would be ok and not de-stabilise it?! thanks Mike

do you think on one of the arms would be ok
Yes. It's not heavy enough to negatively affect the flight.

You could also attach it to the body of the Mavic using some type of Velcro product (like 3M Dual Lock).

I have ordered some of that coincidentally, so will see when it arrives, thanks for your advice

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78