DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Wet Suit collides head on with the Eastern Storm , Phantom takes a step back.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
When it comes to extreme weather flying , the phantom 4 had the edge flying do its better visual line of sight , however all of the video shot with the Zoom was useable and not so much for the phantom 4 as I had to always be adjusting camera angle so as not get snow on the lens or drops. With the Mavic 2 All of the footage shot was useable.

Even in High winds when the Mavic flew slanted , the gimbal remained true to the Horizon, with minor gimbal flipping.

Although the Phantom held up better in the wind, the footage was spotted with flakes, so the Mavic 2 was the clear winner when it came to taking video in the Snow and most likely in the rain.

Flying in the Snow is a great way to gain some confidence in the Mavic 2 Wet Suits.

Visibility was less than 900 ft on the Mavic 2

The zoom provided some scary moments , however it was only a ghost

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor

Last edited:
I read that the props take a beating in the snow...?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Called him yesterday and I am going to be getting a couple sets at the first of the month for some winter flying. I am currently in the middle of buying a house so my moneys a little tight but asap I will get this for some peace of mind.
Here in Oregon we get a lot of rain and some occasional snow so purchasing this is going to be a good investment to keep my M2P high and dry in the future.
I wish they made something for the Inspire 2 as well?? Maybe later?? Just a thought ;)

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I'd like to know how the various crevices around the gimbal, the camera etc fare with water/moisture entering those areas. Those various pivot points are not tight so that things can move freely up/down and left and right. But like Inspirephil, I live in the pacific northWET and that limits flying.

I'd like to know how the various crevices around the gimbal, the camera etc fare with water/moisture entering those areas. Those various pivot points are not tight so that things can move freely up/down and left and right. But like Inspirephil, I live in the pacific northWET and that limits flying.

One of the best things about the Mavic 2 Wet Suits is that they are hassle free.

You never have to worry if you have everything you need, its a good design and we posted
a video called Hassle Free on the Website.

Air tight battery covers and power button seals allow it to handle the storms with ease

Phantomrain.rog
Approved Vendor
IMG_20230117_191834~2.jpg

2022-06-19_07h02_52.png

IMG_20230117_191524~3 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I’m interested as it would awesome to get some pics in changing weather. Not sure where you are located but in the US there is a requirement for visibility of 3 miles, along with 2000 ft laterally way from clouds, and 500’ under clouds. How would a Part 107 pilot succeed in getting authorization to fly in more limited visibility?

I’m interested as it would awesome to get some pics in changing weather. Not sure where you are located but in the US there is a requirement for visibility of 3 miles, along with 2000 ft laterally way from clouds, and 500’ under clouds. How would a Part 107 pilot succeed in getting authorization to fly in more limited visibility?
Were in the US , storms are not an issue with the FAA as you want to stay within VLOS as you normally wood, We Manage about 500 ft /1000 in a good Storm as the sky is the subject .

A Fog is entirely different and visibility even with lights is very poor , as you can see in this video below. Common Sense is much more important to follow. There is no need to break any of the VLOS rules to capture amazing Picture of the Storm which is really nice.

Just stay away from the Fog as your drone can disappear quickly but not so much in a storm.

Here is how we do it.

Ligntning-strike-5cac00912ce5c-1381x763.jpg

C0003.00_07_41_12.Still008-1.jpg

dfgsxfgdfg-1.jpg
\\

Here is into the FOG , 328 ft

Last edited:
This is why we UPGRADE all the Members of the forum to the Twilight Package Wet Suit so they can be creative with there drones as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain , Land on Water and be creative with the process.

2023-01-02_20h00_26.png

Reactions: dirkclod
Thats one way to bump up a thread 😀

The Mavic 2 Zoom was one of the most underated Drones of all time, were still flying in the Rain and an landing on the Water and taking killer Photos ,

Those 48 Megapixel pictures are still amazing to this day.

CleanShot 2023-11-15 at 01.34.23@2x.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Geart to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

Were in the US , storms are not an issue with the FAA as you want to stay within VLOS as you normally wood, We Manage about 500 ft /1000 in a good Storm as the sky is the subject .

@pchaps is correct about the US regulations.

The minimum flight visibility, as observed from the location of the control station must be no less than 3 statute miles. For purposes of this section, flight visibility means the average slant distance from the control station at which prominent unlighted objects may be seen and identified by day and prominent lighted objects may be seen and identified by night.

(d) The minimum distance of the small unmanned aircraft from clouds must be no less than:
(1) 500 feet below the cloud; and
(2) 2,000 feet horizontally from the cloud.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada