DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 with dji spotlight

Hahahaha yea theres been all kinda drone spottings at night in this state. But dude, that mavic 2 setup looks tight. Did u make that mount?? I just orderd some firehouse lights after seein all that. Were gunna make the night news sooner or later! Lol

I am very crafty but didn't make that one its a little difficult to find I got lucky it is a pgytech mavic2 gopro mount and the light had a gopro base attachment.

Is there anyone out there like me whos obcessed with adding LEDs n lights to their mavics ever thought about modding their m2z or m2p to fit the DJI spotlight that comes with the enterprise? And some how turning it on and off? It seems like that spotlight is brighter and lighter then everything else on market right now.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!
I was looking into and checked out dji they told me that only the entire drone has a notch on top to connect the light in order to operate from the controller. And is not an option on mavic 2 pro/zoom.

Yeah the M2E series has that top mount and accessories to use that extra channel. But one could easily adapt the drop mount systems that "monitor the front nav lights and accomplish the same with a bit of hobby skills.

I am not stripping down my M2Z to see if it has the hardware hidden inside that the M2E does (I suspect not) but if it did, just order the top shell and a bit of electronics know how (like how to force M2E firmware) I already have the SC...so who knows...perhaps someone could make a retrofit kit one of these days. :)

Reactions: Ho3Assassain
Yeah the M2E series has that top mount and accessories to use that extra channel. But one could easily adapt the drop mount systems that "monitor the front nav lights and accomplish the same with a bit of hobby skills.

I am not stripping down my M2Z to see if it has the hardware hidden inside that the M2E does (I suspect not) but if it did, just order the top shell and a bit of electronics know how (like how to force M2E firmware) I already have the SC...so who knows...perhaps someone could make a retrofit kit one of these days. :)

That would be awesome if there was a retrofit kit!

I do have a lume cube air i just got off ebay and im waiting to get. My plan is to see if they come apart like the 2.0s so i can HOPEFULLY remove the magnet. Wish me luck! ?‍??‍?

Attachments

• 16116245575091926218883189637707.jpg
    16116245575091926218883189637707.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 16116246455268289935582437574571.jpg
    16116246455268289935582437574571.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

Have you considered getting the spotlight for the enterprise and wiring some of the battery compartment connections to it. It works well for the additional battery mods why not a light. I don't know how much battery it would drain but you could get a small battery to use for the lights stand alone.

Have you considered getting the spotlight for the enterprise and wiring some of the battery compartment connections to it. It works well for the additional battery mods why not a light. I don't know how much battery it would drain but you could get a small battery to use for the lights stand alone.

Yea i have n tried some led modules but for me and my skill/patience level incouldnt come up with anything that beat any of our mentiond ideas. This is what i used to start with which i think is what you had in mind.

Attachments

• 1611661453676537731426662052461.jpg
    1611661453676537731426662052461.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest