DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom and pro details leaked

I'm certainly curious how the Hasselblad 1" sensor will compare to the Sony 1" sensor for dynamic range. That could be sweet. It appears the Zoom version is for specialty applications, such as SAR or inspection duty. The past leaked photos showing a loud-speaker-like device on the "Enterprise" model may be a ground breaker to talk one-way to stranded lost victims, giving instructions. The camera appears to be a 1/2" sensor for a lighter gimbal, allowing more payload for things to bolt on top of the drone. The 1" sensor model is likely not able to carry much payload due to the heavier camera/gimbal, so I suppose it won't have the attachment options shown on the Enterprise version.

I'm certainly curious how the Hasselblad 1" sensor will compare to the Sony 1" sensor for dynamic range.
Hasselblad make cameras, which actually often use sony Sensors. You won't see their own sensors on anything other than the high end MF bodies.
They also make branding deals so there could be nothing more from Hasselblad than the name...

Reactions: DesertDan
1" Sensor Hasselblad, 31 min flighttime, Active Track 2.0. Shut up and take my money!

Reactions: ssvdh66
I would be interested in buying the 1" camera and mounting it onto the original MP. Anyone think that would be possible? Could there be a retrofit kit?

Last edited:
Reactions: Garuda
I would be interested in buying the 1" camera and mounting it onto the original MP. Anyone that that would be possible? Could there be a retrofit kit?
Actually that is a very neat idea! I heard rumours about interchangable payloads...but who knows?

I'm certainly curious how the Hasselblad 1" sensor will compare to the Sony 1" sensor for dynamic range. That could be sweet. It appears the Zoom version is for specialty applications, such as SAR or inspection duty. The past leaked photos showing a loud-speaker-like device on the "Enterprise" model may be a ground breaker to talk one-way to stranded lost victims, giving instructions. The camera appears to be a 1/2" sensor for a lighter gimbal, allowing more payload for things to bolt on top of the drone. The 1" sensor model is likely not able to carry much payload due to the heavier camera/gimbal, so I suppose it won't have the attachment options shown on the Enterprise version.
Hasselblad don't make sensors. Even Nikon doesn't make sensors. It'll definitely be a Sony sensor.

I would be interested in buying the 1" camera and mounting it onto the original MP. Anyone think that would be possible? Could there be a retrofit kit?
Almost certainly not. The entire camera electronics will be different and that's on the mainboard, not in the bit that sticks out.

Reactions: John Locke
Hasselblad don't make sensors. Even Nikon doesn't make sensors. It'll definitely be a Sony sensor.
I didn't know that. I wonder why DJI invested in them. DJI seemed to do a pretty good job with P4P, making a camera with the 1" Sony sensor that supports 4K@60FPS. I wonder what Hasselblad brings to the party that makes it worth the investment.

Speaking of 1" sensors, have you noticed you can't find a point and shoot camera or sport camera with 1" sensor that can do 4K@60FPS for under $2000? My P4P camera does that, 4K@60FPS, and it can fly! I'm wondering if Hasselblad can do better.

I wonder what Hasselblad brings to the party that makes it worth the investment.
A renowned name that makes the customer go "oh wow, it must be even better!"
It's likely just a marketing deal that benefits both sides' images but doesn't actually involve much technically.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu