DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Battery

Frankly, I wouldn't fly with it. The swelling is due to gassing within the sealed battery cells. As the drone climbs higher into lower pressure air, and as the battery generates internal heat during discharge, that swelling increases beyond what you see on the ground. It's just not worth the risk to lose your drone.

There was a bad batch of batteries for the M2, I think before I bought mine in November. IIRC, DJI replaced those batteries when they failed. Worth looking into.

Reactions: Jeff A and lannes
Frankly, I wouldn't fly with it. The swelling is due to gassing within the sealed battery cells. As the drone climbs higher into lower pressure air, and as the battery generates internal heat during discharge, that swelling increases beyond what you see on the ground. It's just not worth the risk to lose your drone.

There was a bad batch of batteries for the M2, I think before I bought mine in November. IIRC, DJI replaced those batteries when they failed. Worth looking into.
Thanks I will look into DJI maybe replaceing it

I have just read the post by "bumper" and it caught my attention. I just had a crash due to battery in-flight separation, and my batteries showed no sign of swelling prior to its fatal flight.

I bought my Mavic 2 Zoom in May of 2019 with the Fly More package. I have (or had) 3 batteries, and cycled each one so as to use all 3 equally as much as possible. The 2 remaining batteries have 32 and 35 cycles respectively, so fairly new in terms of usage.

I would like to see more information posted regarding battery swelling or failure as well as drone-battery in-flight separation and crashes.

As I delve into this matter, it appears to me that DJI must address the issue of a fatal design flaw on the Mavic 2 due to the fact that crashes continue to occur because batteries pop out of the drone. Without a locking mechanism to hold the battery in place, more reports of crashes or losses (over water where you can't recover the drone) will be reported.

I recommend that you use a Velcro strap or similar method to secure the battery to the drone.

I also recommend that we all fly carefully, knowing that your drone can fall out of the sky at any time without warning. Don't fly over people or crowds. Fly responsibly. Fly safe.

When you power up the drone you will have 3 dots (...) on the controller which allow you to view various parameters of your drone.

One is for battery. It gives you the serial number, and various other info including charging cycles.

Hi guys if your battery is swollen or does not work, write to me, I am ready to buy it from you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas