DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Controller

Ht0473

Reactions
Hello all,

I’m brand new to this (I signed up yesterday, within 45 minutes of getting my Mavic 2 Zoom and feeling a little overwhelmed) and I have a question about the controller: is it supposed to be so noisy, both when updating and functioning normally? It’s sort of a whirring fan noise, it rather loud.

Thanks!

It does contain a fan that kicks on when needed to keep it cool.

Hello all,

I’m brand new to this (I signed up yesterday, within 45 minutes of getting my Mavic 2 Zoom and feeling a little overwhelmed) and I have a question about the controller: is it supposed to be so noisy, both when updating and functioning normally? It’s sort of a whirring fan noise, it rather loud.

Thanks!

If you have the inclination, you could post a video with the fan noise. I have read reports of really noisy fans and some of those people returned their units or purcase. I will be honest - I do not remember mine making any excessive noise.

It is a bit overwhelming but find a nice open field, soccer or unoccupied baseball field and fly. The first time it lifts off will be both intimidating and exhilarating.

Reactions: grendeljaeger
If you have the inclination, you could post a video with the fan noise. I have read reports of really noisy fans and some of those people returned their units or purcase. I will be honest - I do not remember mine making any excessive noise.

It is a bit overwhelming but find a nice open field, soccer or unoccupied baseball field and fly. The first time it lifts off will be both intimidating and exhilarating.

Oh, I flew it alright - been flying less expensive, less sophisticated drones for a long time now - on my street in Philadelphia and it was everything you say - intimidating and exhilarating, AND a lot of expletives, lol - and then some!

Reactions: grendeljaeger
So here’s the video. I think I may know what the problem is - in a normal position, the fan makes that infernal noise, but when flipped face down, it quiets down. Hmmm... should I initiate a return?

PS: pardon my feet in the video. Yikes.

So here’s the video. I think I may know what the problem is - in a normal position, the fan makes that infernal noise, but when flipped face down, it quiets down. Hmmm... should I initiate a return?

No video is showing! But, yes, if the noise is disturbing you probably should return the entire package - unfortunately.

Hey philly Thumbswayup yea man very close to philadelphia....lets go fly!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine