DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom doesnt fly.

Phil1975

Reactions
Hi.I bought a drone whitout controler 7 months ago.Today i bought the controler but the drone simply doesnt fly.
The only issue that appear on Dji go app its the red signal from vision sensors(exactly left and right rear sensors).
Even whit this sensors off the drone doesnt take off.The battery is good,the controler and drone are updated.The propellers and engines are working perfectly but there is some issue that doesnt let the drone take off(like they dont have suficient rpm or something bloking.I tryed to do the calibration from the program Dji assistance 2 but i give up cause the image freeze for long time what is strange.I did the calibration and compasse whit the app.What can be this misterious problem?

I take it that this not your first DJI drone?
Can you take a screenshot of the warning message and post it? It might shed a bit more light on what's happening.

Try to calibrate the sensors using DJI Assistant on your PC.

What screen are you using to display the calibration 'chart'?
I have managed to do it on a lap top but is was awkward. I had to open the laptop wide-open then, more or less, stand the laptop on its 'near'/'front' edge so that the screen was vertical and I had 'clearance' below the screen to move the drone.
From memory I recollect thinking that the drone could really do with being mounted on a gimbal of some sort so that the drone itself pivots about a fixed point and at a constant distance from the screen.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Out of curiosity, have you tried taking it outside to fly?

Seeing as you have zero satellites showing and the drone is in ATTI mode, I think you are very lucky you couldn't get it to take off. You may find that the rear sensors aren't working because the drone is indoors and I'll bet there was something casting a shadow over the back. As GFields has already suggested, take it outside tomorrow morning, put it on the floor about 3 metres away from anything else, back off a couple of metres and try the take-off again. If you do get it up in the air: leave it at a static and LOW hover for a minute or so, just in case it does anything weird, then hold the left stick in the down position to land it safely.

This is your first drone, so take it slow and easy while you learn what the sticks do (and how fast, or slow they do it). ALSO.... switch the obstacle avoidance back on before you try to fly.

Also: your E.V (Exposure Value) is set to +3, this will badly over-expose any image you see on the screen. The small '5D' button directly to the right of the controller's LED screen needs to be flicked to the left three or four times so that the E.V. shows '0.0'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack in Dixie
Sorry
Seeing as you have zero satellites showing and the drone is in ATTI mode, I think you are very lucky you couldn't get it to take off. You may find that the rear sensors aren't working because the drone is indoors and I'll bet there was something casting a shadow over the back. As GFields has already suggested, take it outside tomorrow morning, put it on the floor about 3 metres away from anything else, back off a couple of metres and try the take-off again. If you do get it up in the air: leave it at a static hover for a minute or so, just in case it does anything weird, then hold the left stick in the down position to land it safely.

This is your first drone, so take it slow and easy while you learn what the sticks do (and how fast, or slow they do it). ALSO.... switch the obstacle avoidance back on before you try to fly.
Sorry but the rear sensor warning is probably nothing to do with it being an indoor flight, mine works perfectly indoors.
I suspect there is a real (non-software) problem with the drone. It might be as simple as a dodgy connection but it could be defective sensors.
I would also suggest that OA is left off until the drone is above all obstacles associated with the launch/landing site. Indoors OA prevents mine from moving forwards/backwards at all. Even outdoors OA can be a cause of problems when flying from or landing in 'tight quarters'. It nearly 'cost me' my m2p on my first flight ..... it got 'stuck' and I ended up having to grab it from the air. Yes part of the problem was me not knowing why I was seeing the behaviour but .............

Last edited:
Reactions: Ambro
Sorry

Sorry but the rear sensor warning is probably nothing to do with it being an indoor flight, mine works perfectly indoors.
I suspect there is a real (non-software) problem with the drone. It might be as simple as a dodgy connection but it could be defective sensors.
I would also suggest that OA is left off until the drone is above all obstacles associated with the launch/landing site. Indoors OA prevents mine from moving forwards/backwards at all. Even outdoors OA can be a cause of problems when flying from or landing in 'tight quarters'. It nearly 'cost me' my m2p on my first flight ..... it got 'stuck' and I ended up having to grab it from the air. Yes part of the problem was me not knowing why I was seeing the behaviour but .............
It was the "....low ambient light ..." which ticked that box with me.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
It was the "....low ambient light ..." which ticked that box with me.
Ahh you make a good point and I may stand corrected. I just booted the drone indoors, lights out and got the 'same' screen capture but pitch black. I could start motors but did not try to throttle up as I was sat inches from the props.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
I don't recommend trying to make your first flight indoors anyway.

Ahh you make a good point and I may stand corrected. I just booted the drone indoors, lights out and got the 'same' screen capture but pitch black. I could start motors but did not try to throttle up as I was sat inches from the props.
Like most newbies, I learned the hard way that even a relatively minor drop in ambient light will throw M2 series O/A out of whack, so minor that our eyes adjust automatically and we don't really notice.
It's only been the last few months that anyone has been able to physically see the image DJI O/A cameras capture (Mavic 3 Pro firmware update) and what struck me was the terrible resolution of the monochrome images compared to the Skydio 2's hi-res colour O/A video feeds, which 4 years ago were good enough to grab small 640x480 insert inspection stills from.

outside should fix problem i get the same message in my rv with a metal roof vision sensors and compass are much happier outside

Take it outside and set it down where it's not near metal (or you'll get a compass warning). That probably means on the grass, not concrete. Wait for adequate satellites and the bar to turn green, and then give it a try. You don't want to start out in atti (no satellite) mode.

I forget what it’s called, but you’ll want to be sure that you have the sticks set up to work as you want them too. It is a changeable setting, and I think Mode 2 is the standard set up.

Hi.I bought a drone whitout controler 7 months ago.Today i bought the controler but the drone simply doesnt fly.
The only issue that appear on Dji go app its the red signal from vision sensors(exactly left and right rear sensors).
Even whit this sensors off the drone doesnt take off.The battery is good,the controler and drone are updated.The propellers and engines are working perfectly but there is some issue that doesnt let the drone take off(like they dont have suficient rpm or something bloking.I tryed to do the calibration from the program Dji assistance 2 but i give up cause the image freeze for long time what is strange.I did the calibration and compasse whit the app.What can be this misterious problem?
Hey Phil ... Did you try getting the drone in the air today?

Hi all again.I still didnt fly whit drone cause i cant calibrate whit Dji assistant 2.I changed the display format,i putt more light but the calibration freeze for a long time and the drone itself get very hot.
I didnt mencion before but a guy from this forum suggest that can be a software issue and i believe can that the problem.Because the seller show me the drone flying whitout any problems.
I also tryed outtside whit full green Gps signal and the drone cant take off.
There is one information that can be important.When i connect the drone whit Dji assistance the firmware only appears the last version and nothing more.That is normal?When i try to reset the drone from factory the same firmware appear when its strange because a reset from factory must clean all i think.
The controler for example have a list of firmwares.Thanks for the help of you guys and i really hope i can fix this issue.If not i must travel and give to a guy that fix drones.

Cheers

Phil

Hey Phil ... Did you try getting the drone in the air today?
Hi!I still didnt fly whit drone cause i cant calibrate whit Dji assistant 2.I changed the display format,i putt more light but the calibration freeze for a long time and the drone itself get very hot.
I didnt mencion before but a guy from this forum suggest that can be a software issue and i believe can that the problem.Because the seller show me the drone flying whitout any problems.
I also tryed outtside whit full green Gps signal and the drone cant take off.
There is one information that can be important.When i connect the drone whit Dji assistance the firmware only appears the last version and nothing more.That is normal?When i try to reset the drone from factory the same firmware appear when its strange because a reset from factory must clean all i think.
The controler for example have a list of firmwares.Thanks for the help of you guys and i really hope i can fix this issue.If not i must travel and give to a guy that fix drones.

Major problem with FACTORY RESET. if the firmware is version **.**.0770 or **.**.0790, the firmware has anti-rollback version #2. No-one has managed to find a way round it yet and this means you can only refresh the current firmware, you cannot install an earlier version and it won't let you return the drone to original factory settings.
Simple question, has the seller unbound the drone from his DJI account? If he hasn't and you're trying to fly what DJI thinks is still HIS drone on YOUR DJI account, you won't be able to use it. Worth asking

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas