DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Video 5 Minute Limit Per Video?

Gort

Reactions
I am new to the Mavic 2 Zoom and love it so far. I just noticed that when I do a video it will only record 5 minutes. It then ends and begins a new video exactly where it left off. So if I video for 20 minutes I get 4, 5 minute videos. Anyway to set the unit up to get one video for whole 20 minutes?

Videos will always split at about 4GB. There is no way to prevent that from occurring. You'll need to join them later using some type of video editor.

Thanks. What video editor do u recommend? I would like to add sound in the form of narration and music. Again thanks for help.

Videos will always split at about 4GB. There is no way to prevent that from occurring. You'll need to join them later using some type of video editor.

Hi.
Care to share details on this? Is this M2 limitation?
Fat file system can handle max 4g, exFat can handle more than that.

DJI used the lowest common FAT denominator.

It is not specific to M2 or M's in general. Even Phantoms experience the split file video. At least my P3A does.

DJI used the lowest common FAT denominator.

It is not specific to M2 or M's in general. Even Phantoms experience the split file video. At least my P3A does.

Ok thanks. Will test it on my Air.
File splitting has benefits when post processing. You will not process a very large single clip.

Its a FAT filesystem limitation and nothing to do with DJI.

That said, why would anyone HAVE every second of the flight recorded at all?

Reactions: Meta4
why would anyone HAVE every second of the flight recorded at all?
SAR mission - footage being analyzed later at HQ ...

Reactions: ninemag and Kilrah
Hi, I fly an MA2 and have been curious about the 4 minutes of 4k video limits... NOW, Knowing the FAT file format limit... I have played with the settings to see what 4k, 2.7k, 1080p time can hold before it gets to the FAT limit. 2.7k, 1080p are all longer single clips. I'm a recreational user so far and behaving as the category requires(I sure hope so)
This is an amazing flying camera that can do almost what I used to on the ground with my Nikon D750. I am really enjoying learning.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J