DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 and original DJI Goggles

motopokep

Reactions
I don't have the Mavic 3 yet. It's important that I will be able to use my original white DJI Goggles with it. I saw a video where a guy plugged in an HDMI cable from DJI RC PRO to the goggles and it worked. I'm not sure if I'm going to spend the extra $ for RC Pro, I'd like to stick with my Ipad Mini. Does the regular RC controller that comes with the Mavic 3 have an HDMI output? Is there a USB port to plug in the tablet and run Fly on it simultaneously?

Hi as with my Spark you use whatever normal device output is to hdmi, short adapter cable, then run a longer hdmi to your goggles.
Simple flight functions work, normal and fpv flight mode etc, most advanced functions that work on th M1P / MPP won’t.

Edit typos

Last edited:
Does the regular RC controller that comes with the Mavic 3 have an HDMI output or would I need to get the RC Pro?

Image quality and a smaller device. RE are quite bulky and heavy. Also 5 years non-oled tech limits image quality. But they work seamlessly and is a great and cheap entry to fly Mavic w goggles.

Image quality and a smaller device. RE are quite bulky and heavy. Also 5 years non-oled tech limits image quality. But they work seamlessly and is a great and cheap entry to fly Mavic w goggles.
Sounds like a personal decision. Is it worth the additional investment for those improvements? Maybe try a few that you can borrow or return and compare. The non-RE DJI Goggles are even less upgraded, but they also work seamlessly with the mini HDMI output, and are even cheaper to buy used. Eager to hear what you ultimately decide.

Reactions: CanonX
I have M2 zoom and ariginal white goggles.Although the goggles are bulky, I fitted some paper towels with some tape to make a better fit to my face.They work well with a nice bright image no matter how bright it is ouside, although fogging up can be an issue on hot days.The one thing I would like to improve if there was a way would be to improve the signal strength in wooded areas where the signal gets blocked by trees.The signal is fine if there are no obstructions.

I have M2 zoom and ariginal white goggles.Although the goggles are bulky, I fitted some paper towels with some tape to make a better fit to my face.They work well with a nice bright image no matter how bright it is ouside, although fogging up can be an issue on hot days.The one thing I would like to improve if there was a way would be to improve the signal strength in wooded areas where the signal gets blocked by trees.The signal is fine if there are no obstructions.
I have a small parabolic reflector over each antenna, in a set that folds together. $15 on eBay. Probably concentrates the signal enough to add 25% to the stock omnidirectional range when focused in a directional manner.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato