DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 - Any news about future updates?

Admundo

Reactions
Hi. I am new with Mavic 3.
I like it but I wonder what is planned for future software release for Mavic 3. Any unofficial news?
Or maybe what should it be in your opinion?
HDR, more open ISO in Dlog?

It's been out for a year and DJI don't typically add features after the fact, so I wouldn't expect anything other than bugfixes if anything new is released. They did add a bunch of stuff initially, but it was... what was supposed to be there from the start.

Reactions: karlblessing
Hi. I am new with Mavic 3.
I like it but I wonder what is planned for future software release for Mavic 3. Any unofficial news?
Or maybe what should it be in your opinion?
HDR, more open ISO in Dlog?
Technically you have a small degree of HDR with the HLG color mode (which is also 10-bit like the dlog option) if you know how to use it in an editor, likewise a pseudo hyperlapse using the DNG photo files (plus you can't really grade HDR without a monitor that's over a grand in cost). And as far as more ISO options in dlog that's going to be rather unlikely since once you start deteriorating the quality, it doesn't make much sense to use it anymore.

Like Kilrah said, everything that is going to be there other than bug fixes is already there. DJI typically doesn't add features, it was unexpected that they even gave the Mini 1 a 2.6k mode as a final update before continuing onto the Mini 2. So if they did add anything, it wouldn't be until the model about to be discontinued and a new one replaces it (which they don't do typically).

Each new firmware comes with new bugs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet