DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 ATTI Hack?

How is it that you are pretty sure it will work for the M3? Nobody has got the hack to work for that model yet, as far as I know.

Chris
With Cruise Control which is now a feature of M3 you can mimick Atti mode. In fact this new feature is absolutely amazing IMHO. It offers so much more than the good old Atti mode used to and the drone is not affected by wind direction. I used to miss Atti mode but after DJI gave me Cruise Control, I do not anymore 🙂

Reactions: jephoto
How is it that you are pretty sure it will work for the M3? Nobody has got the hack to work for that model yet, as far as I know.

Chris
I use undocumented mangled functions in the sdk that can change the flight parameters. Pretty cool, you can change the flightcontroller parameter while flying. It's been working on all dji drones I tried, including the FPV.
I mock the drone to one that is supported in the sdk. The underlying (DUMLDore) is the same for all DJI-drones, except a few args change.
It's pretty much the same way WP can be used if, and I say if, they are in the firmware. Mini3 didn't have either them or a working VS. The sim was in though.
It's very hard to get the livefeed to work though. Don't have any fix for that.

With Cruise Control which is now a feature of M3 you can mimick Atti mode. In fact this new feature is absolutely amazing IMHO. It offers so much more than the good old Atti mode used to and the drone is not affected by wind direction. I used to miss Atti mode but after DJI gave me Cruise Control, I do not anymore 🙂

Do you understand what ATTI is?

Cruise control is the exact opposite of ATTI. Yes, it sets a constant pace, but it's still very much locked to GPS. Yes, it might be a decent alternative to ATTI in the respect it will hopefully be much smoother than manual stick operation.

But when you lose GPS lock, cruise control is not going to be any help to you.

And it doesn't answer my question of why surfbird is confident that the old ATTI hack will work on the M3.

Chris

I use undocumented mangled functions in the sdk that can change the flight parameters. Pretty cool, you can change the flightcontroller parameter while flying. It's been working on all dji drones I tried, including the FPV.
I mock the drone to one that is supported in the sdk. The underlying (DUMLDore) is the same for all DJI-drones, except a few args change.
It's pretty much the same way WP can be used if, and I say if, they are in the firmware. Mini3 didn't have either them or a working VS. The sim was in though.

So, it's worked on other DJI models, so you're sure it will do the same on the M3, but you haven't actually tried it on the M3 yourself.

Chris

To me, you seem to be arogant. I don't now what I said that made you upset? I wont write here again.

It's called asking for confirmation. People might spend a lot of money based on things they read—I prefer to verify claims. Your mileage may vary, but I'm not alone in this (and it has nothing to do with arrogance and believe me, I'm not upset).

You shouldn't get your panties in a bunch (upset) when someone askes you how you actually know something. All you have to do is say "I haven't actually tried it on an M3 specifically, BUT ... "

You're having discussions here with people from potentially any place and position in the world. Grow up.

Chris

Reactions: Filmarik
Do you understand what ATTI is?

Cruise control is the exact opposite of ATTI. Yes, it sets a constant pace, but it's still very much locked to GPS. Yes, it might be a decent alternative to ATTI in the respect it will hopefully be much smoother than manual stick operation.

But when you lose GPS lock, cruise control is not going to be any help to you.

And it doesn't answer my question of why surfbird is confident that the old ATTI hack will work on the M3.

Chris
FYIO I do understand what Atti mode is that is why I said "mimick". Your point is a moot one because when you loose GPS lock you are in true Atti mode, aren't you? 😉.

FYIO I do understand what Atti mode is that is why I said "mimick". Your point is a moot one because when you loose GPS lock you are in true Atti mode, aren't you? 😉.

Here are some reasons for having a manual ATTI switch
  1. If you don't have the ability to manually switch to ATTI, then you can't practice flying in ATTI, so you don't know how to fly by stick. If you lose GPS around obstacles, you can easily hit them since you no longer have GPS LOCK. If you haven't practiced flying in full ATTI, you may not be aware of how problematic this can be.
  2. When flying around buildings, GPS can get confused. It might not switch to ATTI (because the satellite count and signal strength is high), but give it false signals bouncing off buildings and cause your aircraft to fly erratically. Being able to switch to ATTI there to cut GPS out of the question and fly by stick. (Note: I've had this experience twice, once before I knew how to fly ATTI and once after where it saved my butt.)
  3. Obviously, if you want to ability to drift in ATTI (for smooth video), you need the manual switch. You don't just wait to "loose GPS" for this, you want to switch to it on demand.

Chris

Reactions: pspec
It's called asking for confirmation. People might spend a lot of money based on things they read—I prefer to verify claims. Your mileage may vary, but I'm not alone in this (and it has nothing to do with arrogance and believe me, I'm not upset).

You shouldn't get your panties in a bunch (upset) when someone askes you how you actually know something. All you have to do is say "I haven't actually tried it on an M3 specifically, BUT ... "

You're having discussions here with people from potentially any place and position in the world. Grow up.

Chris
You just missed your chance from getting atti. No wonder why all reversing guys have moved to other places. I wont disturb you again.

If there is any wind, Cruise Control, despite its name, does not necessarily maintain a constant speed. It only locks the position of the stick inputs at time of engagement. If a headwind is gusting, the speed will slow down, as the prior locked stick input will be insufficient to offset the additional wind. If the sidewind increases after setting the Cruise Control and you have a sideways component to the stick inputs locked, it will also be affected by the wind direction. Russ of 51 Drones tested this in a recent video.

Mavic 3 Cruise Control - Check These 2 Settings First!

With Cruise Control which is now a feature of M3 you can mimick Atti mode. In fact this new feature is absolutely amazing IMHO. It offers so much more than the good old Atti mode used to
How does cruise control "mimic" Atti Mode?
Cruise control mimics locking the joysticks in whatever position you choose, but I can't see any similarity to Atti Mode at all.

Unfortunately, no SDK for Mavic 3 yet, so how?

How does cruise control "mimic" Atti Mode?
Cruise control mimics locking the joysticks in whatever position you choose, but I can't see any similarity to Atti Mode at all.
What I meant by saying that was that what most people liked about Atti mode was the smooth drifting with the wind or that the drone continued to fly with inertia when you let go of the sticks. With Cruise Control you can achieve similar smooth motion when you lock the movement with Cruise Control button. The M3 then just keeps flying smoothly which is kind of what a drone would do in Atti mode without any stick imput. I know that it is not the same but in some ways it is pretty similar I would have thought 😉

Last edited:
Here are some reasons for having a manual ATTI switch
  1. If you don't have the ability to manually switch to ATTI, then you can't practice flying in ATTI, so you don't know how to fly by stick. If you lose GPS around obstacles, you can easily hit them since you no longer have GPS LOCK. If you haven't practiced flying in full ATTI, you may not be aware of how problematic this can be.
  2. When flying around buildings, GPS can get confused. It might not switch to ATTI (because the satellite count and signal strength is high), but give it false signals bouncing off buildings and cause your aircraft to fly erratically. Being able to switch to ATTI there to cut GPS out of the question and fly by stick. (Note: I've had this experience twice, once before I knew how to fly ATTI and once after where it saved my butt.)
  3. Obviously, if you want to ability to drift in ATTI (for smooth video), you need the manual switch. You don't just wait to "loose GPS" for this, you want to switch to it on demand.

Chris
No argument from me. All valid points. The inability to manually switch the GPS lock off is certainly a bummer. Though If you are purely after that coveted smooth drifting kind of motion when you let go of the sticks in true Atti Mode, Cruise Control can mimick that pretty well provided you have a good GPS reception, naturally.

Though If you are purely after that coveted smooth drifting kind of motion when you let go of the sticks in true Atti Mode, Cruise Control can mimick that pretty well provided you have a good GPS reception, naturally.
That's more than a stretch.
Perhaps you are thinking of Litchi?

That's more than a stretch.
Perhaps you are thinking of Litchi?
No, I do not think of Litchi. Never had it, never used it. But I did fly drones with Atti mode and mostly engaged it when I wanted to achieve the smooth gliding motion of the drone for capturing smooth video footage. This Cruise Control pretty much allows me to do that but with even more control than I ever had with a drone with true Atti mode. May I ask what do you (with drones which still do have it) use the Atti mode for? I get it that it can be used as a rescue mode when GPS lock fails or is not stable for whatever reason but other than that?

No, I do not think of Litchi. Never had it, never used it.
I was suggesting that Cruise Control adds some of the function that Litchi does, but it's nothing like Atti Mode.
May I ask what do you (with drones which still do have it) use the Atti mode for?
I use it for videoing but more often, I use it to hitch a high speed ride on a tailwind when convenient.
I get it that it can be used as a rescue mode when GPS lock fails or is not stable for whatever reason but other than that?
Atti isn't something you can use as a rescue mode if GPS was to fail (GPS doesn't fail.)
Atti Mode is all you have left on any drone if GPS was to fail.

I seem to recall: S&R* have said on these boards that manual ATTI is often required for maneuvering into tight spots where GPS is not reliable.

(* = Search & Rescue folks, not related to use of the term 'rescue' above)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead