DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 ATTI Hack?

hmmmm..I guess I'm unfamiliar with that, Chris.
When we say "smoother video" in ATTI mode we don't mean the gimbal behaves differently to give you smoother video.

When you fly in ATTI the UAV floats, so when you slow down or come off the sticks the UAV doesn't brake, it just keeps floating in the direction it was going. This is what gives smoother movement which leads to smoother video.

For example, when I film a boat doing 25 to 30 knots I'm pretty much full stick to keep up with it. I'm usually sitting on the deck in the cabin (so I'm out of shot) getting smashed by the boat as it crosses the swells, so it's very hard to have perfect stick control. If I get knocked by the boat hitting a wave and I come off the sticks for a moment this doesn't affect the shot much in ATTI. If I'm in GPS however, the moment I come off the sticks the drone screams to a halt, ruining the shot.

So I guess a better way of saying why we like ATTI is that it allows smoother movement of the UAV which leads to smoother video.

When we say "smoother video" in ATTI mode we don't mean the gimbal behaves differently to give you smoother video.

When you fly in ATTI the UAV floats, so when you slow down or come off the sticks the UAV doesn't brake, it just keeps floating in the direction it was going. This is what gives smoother movement which leads to smoother video.

For example, when I film a boat doing 25 to 30 knots I'm pretty much full stick to keep up with it. I'm usually sitting on the deck in the cabin (so I'm out of shot) getting smashed by the boat as it crosses the swells, so it's very hard to have perfect stick control. If I get knocked by the boat hitting a wave and I come off the sticks for a moment this doesn't affect the shot much in ATTI. If I'm in GPS however, the moment I come off the sticks the drone screams to a halt, ruining the shot.

So I guess a better way of saying why we like ATTI is that it allows smoother movement of the UAV which leads to smoother video.
I don't fly from a boat but this is very interesting and I may try ATTI with my Mavic 2 drones. But I like to play chicken with boats but I always get out of the way! LOL.... (I just stop then go in reverse) in this case I like the stopping feature. Can you stop the drone in ATTI with ease?

I don't fly from a boat but this is very interesting and I may try ATTI with my Mavic 2 drones. But I like to play chicken with boats but I always get out of the way! LOL.... (I just stop then go in reverse) in this case I like the stopping feature. Can you stop the drone in ATTI with ease?
I like to track along with the boats, filming them from 3/4 front, back, side, arcing around the bow etc. We often cover many many miles during a flight.

Braking in ATTI isn't hard, you just apply opposite stick input, but it's obviously not as accurate as GPS braking and you won't get a perfect stop, you'll float or start moving in the direction of the stick input before you realise. If I need GPS lock I just flick my switch to activate it, then flick back to ATTI as required.

GPS is very useful in some scenarios, but flying form a boat and landing on one (especially in big swells and wind) isn't one of them in my experience.

I like to track along with the boats, filming them from 3/4 front, back, side, arcing around the bow etc. We often cover many many miles during a flight.

Braking in ATTI isn't hard, you just apply opposite stick input, but it's obviously not as accurate as GPS braking and you won't get a perfect stop, you'll float or start moving in the direction of the stick input before you realise. If I need GPS lock I just flick my switch to activate it, then flick back to ATTI as required.

GPS is very useful in some scenarios, but flying form a boat and landing on one (especially in big swells and wind) isn't one of them in my experience.
Exactly, ATTI mode with moving object so much better than any other mode. So many people do not realize this.

I asked this same thing in this thread and post #20 states that the user tried it (with the version of DJI Assistant that allowed the debug mode) and that it appeared to not work for the M3:

However, anyone with the experience of doing this would like to try on their M3, it would be good to have 2nd confirmation.

Chris
I can confirm that assistant does not let you change the Mavic three to Atti mode like it will the Mavic 2. I tried and version 1.1.2 doesn’t even see my Mavic 3. I haven’t been able to find a solution to this problem but I’m still looking.

I can confirm that assistant does not let you change the Mavic three to Atti mode like it will the Mavic 2. I tried and version 1.1.2 doesn’t even see my Mavic 3. I haven’t been able to find a solution to this problem but I’m still looking.
I’m really really hoping there’s a way to get atti mode on the M3. Without it I probably won’t be buying another Mavic which would be real shame cause it’s perfect for what I need. Thanks for keeping on looking into it! I would really appreciate it if you could share any discoveries here. Thanks!

You don't do those things in ATTI.

The fix we had for the M2P was to program one of the switch positions for ATTI (give up sport, for instance, if you don't do that). So you only had ATTI on when you wanted it. You did not give up P (GPS mode lock mode).

So you switch to ATTI when you want ATTI. When you want to do a programmed mode of any kind (pano, hyperlapse, waypoint), then of course you just switch back to P and have GPS lock.

Yes, of course hover is more stable with GPS lock. You do not always need a stable lock, but when you do, do not use ATTI. When you switch to ATTI, you lose lock and therefore drift (which some of us like for video shooting), but can always switch back if you think you're getting into trouble (like drifting too close to a building, the wind kicks up, etc.).

Chris
Chris, I am also used to drifting in ATTI and recently acquired M2P. Also thinking I would give up Sport mode and place ATTI parameters there. My question is: are the collision (vision) sensors disabled or can they still be active in ATTI mod? I was also wondering: if the ATTI parameters were placed in the T/tripod spot, would that allow collision sensors to still be active? I just downloaded v1.1.2 to do this. Otherwise Sport mode will be sacrificed. Thanks, Paul

Chris, I am also used to drifting in ATTI and recently acquired M2P. Also thinking I would give up Sport mode and place ATTI parameters there. My question is: are the collision (vision) sensors disabled or can they still be active in ATTI mod? I was also wondering: if the ATTI parameters were placed in the T/tripod spot, would that allow collision sensors to still be active? I just downloaded v1.1.2 to do this. Otherwise Sport mode will be sacrificed. Thanks, Paul

To be honest, I don't remember. I haven't been active with drone work this year at all (I keep meaning to dig it out and fly, though I have checked on the batteries a few times).

Hopefully someone else can chime in. Otherwise, I'll try to fly it soon to see.

Chris

I have never used my UAV for these purposes but I imagine you would definitely not want to be in ATTI when you do Pano's or Hyperlapses. The UAV drifts along with the wind and might not give you sharp images due to motion-blur. Also, you can not activate the smart flight features while in ATTI mode.

Best to use the Smart flight features for those.
It would definitely ruin the stitch. Even with a very light breeze it would drift enough that I Shots would not aligned properly for stitching.

It would not affect the sharpness of the images at all, it would affect where features on the ground or in the sky line up with each other from shot to shot so it would make a good stitch impossible

I've flown the mini3 in atti. With the parameter hack. Pretty sure it will be possible with the M3 as well.
A big warning though, seems to trigger a bug in the mini3 where you can't increase altitude. Only way to get out of it is to switch back and forth to P-mode.
Seems only that it happens in high wind.

The gimbal gets a little wobbly when yawing as well, so I only use atti for meassuring wind speed for the moment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone