DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 ATTI Hack?

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone had info on wether or not the Mavic 3 can be set to ATTI mode?

I fly in ATTI at least 50% of the time, so as much as I would like to upgrade from my Mavic 2 Pro, it would be a deal-breaker for me if I could not get ATTI on the Mvic 3.

I'd appreciate any info.

Thank you!
It does not have an Anti mode switch. Wrap it in foil 😆

I asked this same thing in this thread and post #20 states that the user tried it (with the version of DJI Assistant that allowed the debug mode) and that it appeared to not work for the M3:

However, anyone with the experience of doing this would like to try on their M3, it would be good to have 2nd confirmation.

Chris

I used to like to blow with the wind with my Phantom3 too. Now I wonder why. I guess I thought only beginners used "P" mode. I wouldn't dream of doing it now heh heh....Why do you do it? ;)
There’s a few reasons that I prefer ATTI over GPS mode:
1. To maintain my Professional Pilots Certification I have to be able to fly ATTI during the annual flight test;
2. I film a lot of fast moving bikes, boats and cars. Flying in ATTI allows me to get much smoother motions, plus GPS is actually dangerous when flying as close to my subject as I often do, because if I get it wrong in GPS the drone screams to a halt and can cause a collision where as in ATTI it will continue moving.
3. Landing on a moving boat in GPS is a nightmare. With ATTI I can just drift the UAV to me and hand-catch.

I love the Mavic form factor, that’s why I moved away from the Inspire range, so I’d really like to be able to stay with Mavic.

I asked this same thing in this thread and post #20 states that the user tried it (with the version of DJI Assistant that allowed the debug mode) and that it appeared to not work for the M3:

However, anyone with the experience of doing this would like to try on their M3, it would be good to have 2nd confirmation.

Chris
Thanks for the info Chris. Interesting read. Before I posted my question I searched the forum for Atti and got nothing related to the M3. Maybe I just don’t know how to search properly 😬

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
If you fly without GPS, can you track where the aircraft is on the controller screen?

Or if it flies BVLOS, what you guess which way it has to fly relative to home point to return to VLOS?

Also saw some claim that GPS makes hovering more stable.

If you fly without GPS, can you track where the aircraft is on the controller screen?

Or if it flies BVLOS, what you guess which way it has to fly relative to home point to return to VLOS?

Also saw some claim that GPS makes hovering more stable.
In ATTI mode all info on screen remains the same. The only difference is that the UAV won’t hold lateral position when you let go of the sticks. It will drift, but maintain altitude.

In ATTI mode all info on screen remains the same. The only difference is that the UAV won’t hold lateral position when you let go of the sticks. It will drift, but maintain altitude.
Hmm, so what happens when you do the programmed pano modes?

Or a Hyperlapse?

In those cases you're not moving or moving very slowly. Will it drift in those modes?

Or a Hyperlapse?

In those cases you're not moving or moving very slowly. Will it drift in those modes?
I have never used my UAV for these purposes but I imagine you would definitely not want to be in ATTI when you do Pano's or Hyperlapses. The UAV drifts along with the wind and might not give you sharp images due to motion-blur. Also, you can not activate the smart flight features while in ATTI mode.

Best to use the Smart flight features for those.

Or a Hyperlapse?

You don't do those things in ATTI.

The fix we had for the M2P was to program one of the switch positions for ATTI (give up sport, for instance, if you don't do that). So you only had ATTI on when you wanted it. You did not give up P (GPS mode lock mode).

So you switch to ATTI when you want ATTI. When you want to do a programmed mode of any kind (pano, hyperlapse, waypoint), then of course you just switch back to P and have GPS lock.

Yes, of course hover is more stable with GPS lock. You do not always need a stable lock, but when you do, do not use ATTI. When you switch to ATTI, you lose lock and therefore drift (which some of us like for video shooting), but can always switch back if you think you're getting into trouble (like drifting too close to a building, the wind kicks up, etc.).

Chris

OK good to know.

I never looked to turn off ATTI. In fact, don't try to launch without GPS lock.

So I don't get the claim above that ATTI lets you make smoother videos.

OK good to know.

I never looked to turn off ATTI. In fact, don't try to launch without GPS lock.

Yeah, I usually take off in P mode and only switch to ATTI when I'm in a safe place up in the air (no obstacles around).

But I have done a lot of practice flying in ATTI, including take off and landing, just to be good in that mode of control.

So I don't get the claim above that ATTI lets you make smoother videos.

With GPS lock, stick movements can be less than smooth, especially if you have to hold a stick to try to keep a consistent speed (while shoot during movement).

With ATTI, you can get the AC moving a direction, then completely let go of the sticks and let it drift while shooting (it won't stop when you let go of the sticks). You can pan (turn the craft on axis, which does require stick action) and gimbal up or down (no stick required) without changing course.

If you were in GPS lock while keeping course lock with the pressed stick, any deviances in your hold on the stick could cause jerky movement from GPS control. I've never flown a drone that was as smooth during P mode as it was on the drift.

Chris

There’s a few reasons that I prefer ATTI over GPS mode:
1. To maintain my Professional Pilots Certification I have to be able to fly ATTI during the annual flight test;
2. I film a lot of fast moving bikes, boats and cars. Flying in ATTI allows me to get much smoother motions, plus GPS is actually dangerous when flying as close to my subject as I often do, because if I get it wrong in GPS the drone screams to a halt and can cause a collision where as in ATTI it will continue moving.
3. Landing on a moving boat in GPS is a nightmare. With ATTI I can just drift the UAV to me and hand-catch.

I love the Mavic form factor, that’s why I moved away from the Inspire range, so I’d really like to be able to stay with Mavic.
Maybe I can out fly you based on the Fact you have problems flying in GPS and I don't. I film a lot of fast moving boats low over the ocean. Maybe I will start flying in ATTI mode to see the difference but I thought it would be more safe to be flying in GPS.

• Sad
Reactions: TonyPHX
Maybe I can out fly you based on the Fact you have problems flying in GPS and I don't. I film a lot of fast moving boats low over the ocean. Maybe I will start flying in ATTI mode to see the difference but I thought it would be more safe to be flying in GPS.
Okaaaay… I didn’t realise it was a competition mate. Enjoy “our-flying” me 🤣
I trained to fly in ATTI and prefer to fly that way. Never said it was wrong for you to fly in GPS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78