DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 battery issue

Gotta love a good "standard"!

Here is some info on the E-Marker Chip I saved while looking into the PD spec.

Sounds like a defective Hub, the fastest way to charge DJI batteries with the DJI supplied equipment is by using the tethered USB-C lead with the hub. The USB-A to USB-C lead will not charge your batteries at 65W.

See how long the DJI feathered charge lead takes to charge a battery in the drone rather than the Hub. If it still takes forever then maybe the mains charger is at fault.

If you have another USB-C PD (Power Delivery) charger like ones supplied with MacBooks or some Samsung mobile stuff. Try that.

This is why I hate USB-C! One connector, many standards!

Attachments

• What is an E-Marker and How Does It Work.pdf
    359.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi, My Mavic 3 is flying great and accomplishing the shots I wanted it for. Flew it yesterday for a few hours and am super happy with its performance. But- it's taking forever to charge the batteries. With all three batteries in the charger, it starts on one battery and after more than 4 hours it was still charging the same battery. I took it off and it has four green lights, but never moved to the next battery until I took it off myself. Now after almost 24 hours it's still charing the second battery and the first is still waiting. I'm going to contact support when they open this morning and see what they say. I guess the "fast charging" circuit is just not working. In the manual it says it should take about 90 minutes to charge each one.

Anyone else having this issue?
When everything fails read the user manual

I haven't been flying for a few weeks now other than for a few minutes testing the new firmware. I did charge batteries and they seem to at least top off quickly. I'll test it out again next week on a shoot. I hope it resolves itself. I'm not so sure it's OK to use a more powerful charger unless the batteries regulate their temps while charging?

I have the same issue and figure out it now.

The charger comes with DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo has two usb outputs.

Just use the fixed one to charge the battery and it will be much faster. The charging is fast with the fixed one, no matter it is with the hub or the drone directly.

If using the pluggable one to charge, it will charge forever for one battery.

I have the same issue and figure out it now.

The charger comes with DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo has two usb outputs.

Just use the fixed one to charge the battery and it will be much faster. The charging is fast with the fixed one, no matter it is with the hub or the drone directly.

If using the pluggable one to charge, it will charge forever for one battery.
Yes, it was counterintuitive that the thinner fixed cord is the 65W one. The 65W tip also has a unique orange interior if you have multiple USB C cables on the table, with stuff on top of all the cables back to the chargers.

If I use the supplied charger, it does take longer to charge the batteries, from hibernation to fully charged around 90 mins per battery. If the batteries are being balanced it could take longer.

To be honest I tend to use my MacBook charger most of the time or a 100 watt Anker PD charger with the braided DJI lead which will charge the batteries at 88W and get them charged in about an hour.
I had the same issue with the charger that came with the m3 combo. I too use my MacBook charger and all is well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N