DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Classic HUGE PROBLEM

CharlieUK

Reactions
So my Mavic 3 Classic arrived today and was absolutely buzzing

Opened the box everything was going well, updated to the latest filmware and then boom, about 30 error codes straight away

I’ve tried downgrading and reupggrading filmware on the Drone and RC

Tried doing it all outside and waiting for satellites but get absolutely no luck at all

It also won’t let me calibrate anything at all, it’s like the drones been completely bricked,

Absolutely gutted, anyone know any fix?

Previous to this I purchased the Mini 3 and this has a problem last week where I had to send that back too, so around £2500+ I’ve spent in just under 2 weeks🙃

Attachments

• 63E7F365-4A19-4C6B-B154-54AE1DC50FBE.jpeg
    63E7F365-4A19-4C6B-B154-54AE1DC50FBE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
  • F83C7C92-49B5-4450-A147-AD452FC47650.jpeg
    F83C7C92-49B5-4450-A147-AD452FC47650.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
  • C5EAF833-6ACD-4323-A433-77373350B29A.jpeg
    C5EAF833-6ACD-4323-A433-77373350B29A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • 6070F2B6-E28F-4894-B71B-BE6E1770345F.jpeg
    6070F2B6-E28F-4894-B71B-BE6E1770345F.jpeg
    697.8 KB · Views: 57
So my Mavic 3 Classic arrived today and was absolutely buzzing

Opened the box everything was going well, updated to the latest filmware and then boom, about 30 error codes straight away

I’ve tried downgrading and reupggrading filmware on the Drone and RC

Tried doing it all outside and waiting for satellites but get absolutely no luck at all

It also won’t let me calibrate anything at all, it’s like the drones been completely bricked,

Absolutely gutted, anyone know any fix?

Previous to this I purchased the Mini 3 and this has a problem last week where I had to send that back too, so around £2500+ I’ve spent in just under 2 weeks🙃
That Mavic 3 is defective and needs to be replaced.
There's nothing you can do to fix it.

welcome to the forum ,wish it could have been in better circumstances
may i ask where you purchased your drones from

Best to only update if you cannot get in the air out of box. I am sure DJI support can help you long.

According to the Errors you the drone is missing a GPS module or more likely disconnected, you have to send it back as others have stated. It should be good out of the box, and if the Horizon is off center I also replace the drone as well.

This can mean that the Shipping and Transport was hard on the Drone and this can leas to other camera issues.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. land on the Water

just out of interest when the drone arrived ,did the box have its original sealed plastic film on it
and all the stickers attached to the various parts of the drone when you opened it up

well unfortunately you have a defective drone it seems ,time to get it changed or a refund

Reactions: CharlieUK
Not a fun experience but it will be in your rearview mirror soon with a replacement. Things like this make me think that it took a hard hit during shipping.

I purchased it from Very.co.uk,

Got the drone and the fly more combo for £1600
Wow lots of error codes there. I bought my Mini 3 Pro from Very and had absolutely no codes. Flies like a dream.

Like others have said, sounds like you have a dud. Return for exchange or refund.

Seems as though they have them in stock, so should be able to exchange without any issues.

Nope nothing, I’ve sent it back and re ordered it again, im absolutely gutted but new one is meant to be here today but didn’t show,

I’ve seen so many people on a Facebook page with a lot of the errors too apparently

People was saying update it and set it up outside, but regardless it won’t fix the missing aircraft parts🤣🤣

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Nope nothing, I’ve sent it back and re ordered it again, im absolutely gutted but new one is meant to be here today but didn’t show,

I’ve seen so many people on a Facebook page with a lot of the errors too apparently

People was saying update it and set it up outside, but regardless it won’t fix the missing aircraft parts🤣🤣
Dont get freaked out. Definitely update everything sitting at your desk on wifi at home. Then go outside and just sit it down and turn it on and go thru ALL the settings there. Good luck. You'll be fine.

It will operate properly without any update. Updates can be done when someone really feels the need.
Research is best prior to clicking that button.

It will operate properly without any update. Updates can be done when someone really feels the need.
Research is best prior to clicking that button.
Yep. Thats right. And if you get an M3 manufactured some time ago and elect to be fearful of updating you just might be out MANY of the advertised features of the drone which arrive after the fact.
But, yea, sure, it'll fly. Youre right, I suppose.

AND considering the updates for the M3 are in order atm, its a moot point, right?

Update information is available in the release notes, which will provide the owner with some semblance of what is claimed to be included. What is in said release notes may also include some extra baggage that some may not be tickled pink with.
I have found research is best. Your results may vary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore