DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 color shifting in white balance / color tint

Quick update:

I fly this morning with semi-sunny weather again, and the issue still persists (original DNG can be downloaded here).

First picture: edited picture in LR.
Second picture, same edited picture but with max vibrance so you can see the issues (arrows) better.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2021-11-12 om 13.03.36.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-11-12 om 13.03.36.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 50
  • Schermafbeelding 2021-11-12 om 13.04.28.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-11-12 om 13.04.28.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 49
It's clearly visible even without editing.
Return the drone, something wrong with the hardware, most notably sensor, filters, readouts, etc.

Not much else to say or do otherwise unfortunately.

Reactions: Coskier
I had contact with DJI support and they asked me to send it to them and it will be replaced.

Another DJI employee told me that this is a known problem with the Mavic 3. There are a lot of replacements already.

I hope the replacement won’t surface the same problem. Fingers crossed.

I keep you all posted.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I had contact with DJI support and they asked me to send it to them and it will be replaced.

Another DJI employee told me that this is a known problem with the Mavic 3. There are a lot of replacements already.

I hope the replacement won’t surface the same problem. Fingers crossed.

I keep you all posted.
Oh crap. Thanks for the info. I opened a support case also, but haven't heard back yet.

Good luck, I've been struggling with soft areas with the M2P ...
Seems like, DJI still struggles with QA ... at least, I hope, they replace it fast.;)

It's really bad and it seems that I'm not the only one with this problem. Maybe released the Mavic 3 way too early?

M3 is a mass product and some percentage will have specs not within the tolerance. That's where QA normally sets in. But as said, it will be cheaper for DJI to replace it than having a better QA to spot those problems beforehand.

With the soft corners of the M2P, they said, it was within tolerance.
That is the reason I refuse to buy from DJI directly anymore. Having the M2P before from a friend, I knew, that the quality of the pictures can be higher.

In your case, I am pretty sure, you will get your substitute.
Personally, I think, the M3 is released too early. By how much: well, at least until all the standard functions, which are said to come in January, are implemented.

Good luck with it. ;)

These type of shots are really difficult as they almost have no focus point except for the horizon and the fog is constantly shifting so very difficult to get a read.

I would start by taking some well focused shots to judge the Camera ability and not base to much data off of those pictures.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Capture the Storm.
View attachment 138191
They are perfect shots to see the issue 😂

I just got this reply from DJI support:

"
We would like to thank you for your feedback. We are working on it and it is preliminarily determined that the issue occurs due to software algorithm error, which will be resolved through firmware update. Please pay attention to latest firmware update information. Thank you for your understanding and support.

This phenomenon usually occurs when the aperture is set to a small value. Please try to increase the aperture and lower the shutter and ISO."

So according to this info this problem should concern all Mavic 3s out there.

"
We would like to thank you for your feedback. We are working on it and it is preliminarily determined that the issue occurs due to software algorithm error, which will be resolved through firmware update. Please pay attention to latest firmware update information. Thank you for your understanding and support.

This phenomenon usually occurs when the aperture is set to a small value. Please try to increase the aperture and lower the shutter and ISO."

I tried all settings, including higher the aperture and auto exposure but it doesn't resolved my issue.
I'm waiting at the moment for a new Mavic 3. Did you try other aperture settings?

"

To add some extra information: I received a DNG file from a friend with a Mavic 3. His aperture was on 2.8 and it had not the issue I had... So ;)...

That's nonsense.
I doubt they even looked at your pictures.

I have never encountered an optical issue like this, which was not hardware related.
Sure thing it could be the mix of electronics and the readouts, but that would be close to a hardware issue (overheat, bad chips which are somehow hotfixed with software).

It is nearly the exact same answer I got for my soft spots with the M2P.
Return it and get a new one ... the alternative: wait 2 months, if you don't mind being grounded and DJI having all your money for nothing just to see, that the problem cannot be fixed this way.

Reactions: flyliedutch
That's nonsense.
I doubt they even looked at your pictures.

I have never encountered an optical issue like this, which was not hardware related.
Sure thing it could be the mix of electronics and the readouts, but that would be close to a hardware issue (overheat, bad chips which are somehow hotfixed with software).

It is nearly the exact same answer I got for my soft spots with the M2P.
Return it and get a new one ... the alternative: wait 2 months, if you don't mind being grounded and DJI having all your money for nothing just to see, that the problem cannot be fixed this way.
I totally agree with you on this. My drone is back to dji for a replacement. I hope the ‘new’ one don’t have this issue.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Update: DJI send me an e-mail today that the Camera Lens Module will be replaced under warranty (see screenshot).

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2021-11-22 om 21.21.35.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-11-22 om 21.21.35.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 24

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11