DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 color shifting in white balance / color tint

Got the replacement today & there isn't a magenta cast anywhere in the picture :) Very happy & it flies :D

Cheers, Jon
Good to hear Jon. Happy flying ;)!

Try to get it replaced again. I’m trying to do the same. It’s so annoying and frustrating. DJI don’t know how to fix this either. It’s a matter of luck you will get a drone without the issue…

This new one holds the horizon at level much better than the first one and also doesn't have a wobbling rear arm, but the camera is slightly worse. Right side is a little bit blurry compared to the left side. I think QA on the Mavic 3 is very poor. And the replacement process takes almost two weeks from here in Finland.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Return that puppy

Mine is going back again for a replacement. I would say Mavic 3 is a disaster of a release for DJI when it comes to quality control. @flyliedutch are you getting a replacement too?

Mine is going back again for a replacement. I would say Mavic 3 is a disaster of a release for DJI when it comes to quality control. @flyliedutch are you getting a replacement too?
My second unit is on its way back to DJI, but the transport is delayed. So I have to wait a few more weeks before I get my replacement :(

That's not good :( Is it because of courier or DJI?
I have it to be shipped from the Netherlands to Germany this time. The couriers see it as a return package of a webshop and don't give it priority in transport. So it takes a long time. Tracking is not accurate. :(

So I have to wait I suppose.

I have it to be shipped from the Netherlands to Germany this time. The couriers see it as a return package of a webshop and don't give it priority in transport. So it takes a long time. Tracking is not accurate. :(

So I have to wait I suppose.
Mine is going from Finland to Netherlands with UPS, but it takes about 5-6 days each direction. So it will take about two weeks for me too. This really sucks.

This new one holds the horizon at level much better than the first one and also doesn't have a wobbling rear arm, but the camera is slightly worse. Right side is a little bit blurry compared to the left side. I think QA on the Mavic 3 is very poor. And the replacement process takes almost two weeks from here in Finland.
The M2P had poor QC on the lens too. I looked at 20 copies of it and I would only keep 3 of them.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Wow. What a nightmare. I hope they throw in some free Care Refresh for all of your trouble and your determination to remain their customer.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Wow. What a nightmare. I hope they throw in some free Care Refresh for all of your trouble and your determination to remain their customer.

Good luck and keep us updated.
I asked for UPS Express delivery instead of regular UPS that takes 5-6 days from Finland to Netherlands compared to 1 day and it was not possible according to DJI so I think Care Refresh is daydreaming. Hopefully my third Mavic 3 will be a good one. But I have to say that this situation is really starting to piss me off.

I asked for UPS Express delivery instead of regular UPS that takes 5-6 days from Finland to Netherlands compared to 1 day and it was not possible according to DJI so I think Care Refresh is daydreaming. Hopefully my third Mavic 3 will be a good one. But I have to say that this situation is really starting to piss me off.
I wasn't given express because a battery was being shipped. This was a bit ago with the M2P.

The repair/swap process always took forever for me, and I'm glad I have 2 drones now so I can use one while I wait for the other.

Same here mate. According to DHL Germany my (second) faulty unit is delivered yesterday (7 days in transit). But when I view my repair case, DJI didn't confirm the receivement of the package yet. So I have to wait at least one more week to get a new (third) replacement... Such a shame

Magenta Shift Update, M3 #2 - First day there was absolutely no magenta & now it has shown up. It is not as bad as my first M3, but it may get worse, I don't know? I would like to know what is really going on. Could this be fixt with FW? I just do not know. I will contact B&H & have them do the grunt work on this.

Cheers, Jon

Attachments

• 120421-Magenta_thumbs.jpg
    120421-Magenta_thumbs.jpg
    802.3 KB · Views: 20
I highly doubt that can be fixed as it seems to be an optical issue.
Yeah, you could always somehow work with masks in post, but there's something going on with the sensor, the coating, etc.

May show less with colder sensor, in certain light conditions ... no one really knows, but cannot think of any software issue causing this behaviour. You might ignore it on scenes with different colours and textures, but sky, snow, many unicoloured areas will have a high chance to reveal it.

Ask yourself, is it ok for you to wait nearly 2 months for a potential FW update? And as said, never saw such issues being not from a hardware failure. Could it be from de-Bayering? And if, like DJI says it is related to the "software algorithm" on higher aperture values, why doesn't it show on every unit? Highly mysterious ... I wouln't count on the FW update personally ...

See for instance:

Last edited:
Magenta Shift Update, M3 #2 - First day there was absolutely no magenta & now it has shown up. It is not as bad as my first M3, but it may get worse, I don't know? I would like to know what is really going on. Could this be fixt with FW? I just do not know. I will contact B&H & have them do the grunt work on this.

Cheers, Jon
Sad to hear Jon. On my units it was more visible when it was cloudy. DJI told me that it will be fixed in the next FW update, but I doubt that. I'm still waiting on my 3th unit. I'll let you guys know.

Reactions: GtoJon
Hi all,
im new here.

Have been a owner of a mavic pro 2 zoom, sold it last week and bought the mavic 3.
Got pointed to this forum by someone from a dutch website ( tweakers.net) who told me that he has already been shipping a few units back because of the purple in the pictures.

Well, my first fight and some pictures later in lightroom confirmed the same for me :(

Hopefully with the last dji software i can flly with my mini 2 in the meantime. ( didnt work on any of my phones so not very happy with DJI now..)

Some pictures i over done with editting but make it really visible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada