DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 color shifting in white balance / color tint

DJI replied to me that it's a software issue (something with the sensor data) and that it will be fixed in January. My 3th replacement is on its way. I'll let you know when I received it.

Some one else mentioned that the issue is introduced in the .300 firmware. Someone can test this out with the older firmware (not upgraded yet)?
I did a test on my second unit with the shipping firmware and it was the same. So firmware update did not cause this.

Last edited:
I did a test on my second unit with the shipping firmware and it was the same. So firmware update this not cause this.
Thanks for testing. Staying on the first firmware does not resolve the problem sadly.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Strange, first dji days it's a natural phenomenon.

Then its a firmware issue.
What to believe..
I am going to have to believe that its a FW issue because if it isn't then I will not be buying a Mavic 3 again. I mean it just has to be FW because how would this flaw have ever passed QA?

Jeez

I'm conflicted. If it were firmware, you'd think more than a handful of people would be having the issue, no? I've been fortunate from a camera perspective on mine. Buttttttt, it could just be my ignorance on the subject talking.

Reactions: Coskier
Well if you look closely it seems all pictures have as far my eye can see, have almost the same spots with purple / magenta in it.
Can't really imagine it's a firmware / sofware issue but I'm no expert...

We can try to overlay /ghost picture in picture from our drones to see if there are similarities where the magenta starts.
Not sure what it will prove but if it's exactly the same..

it looks similar, but is not the same.
My M3 had the most of the purple coloration on the right side and less on the left.

Attachments

• DJI_0959.jpeg
    DJI_0959.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: Desert Drone Works
DJI just released a new firmware update for Mavic 3. One of the fixed issues is "abnormal color appeared in some scenarios".

For those experiencing color shifting/color tint, you should definitely update to the latest firmware, and give it a try.

Mavic3_Firmware.jpeg

DJI just released a new firmware update for Mavic 3. One of the fixed issues is "abnormal color appeared in some scenarios".

For those experiencing color shifting/color tint, you should definitely update to the latest firmware, and give it a try.

View attachment 139916
My replacement is still underway. Can someone test this new fw today? Would be great it is fixed. “Fixing issue abnormal color appeared in some scenarios”

In the release notes it’s stated that a abnormal color issue in some situations is fixed by this update. Let me know guys

Reactions: Point Zero
That is not good.

Reactions: Paradigm
Got home , installed both updates.

low light situation.

here you go.....

also got a notice on the screen on my phone :
Vision sensors error unable to take off restart aircraft contact dji support babala

code: 30284
Looks like there is no issue anymore and DJI did a good job.....

NOT!!

• Haha
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green