DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 color shifting in white balance / color tint

Hi all,
im new here.

Have been a owner of a mavic pro 2 zoom, sold it last week and bought the mavic 3.
Got pointed to this forum by someone from a dutch website ( tweakers.net) who told me that he has already been shipping a few units back because of the purple in the pictures.

Well, my first fight and some pictures later in lightroom confirmed the same for me :(

Hopefully with the last dji software i can flly with my mini 2 in the meantime. ( didnt work on any of my phones so not very happy with DJI now..)

Some pictures i over done with editting but make it really visible.

Return that ASAP. That's awful. No amount of firmware can fix a product defect.

Hi all,
im new here.

Have been a owner of a mavic pro 2 zoom, sold it last week and bought the mavic 3.
Got pointed to this forum by someone from a dutch website ( tweakers.net) who told me that he has already been shipping a few units back because of the purple in the pictures.

Well, my first fight and some pictures later in lightroom confirmed the same for me :(

Hopefully with the last dji software i can flly with my mini 2 in the meantime. ( didnt work on any of my phones so not very happy with DJI now..)

Some pictures i over done with editting but make it really visible.

That was me on Tweakers ;)
You can send me a pb for more info.

Unfortunately you have indeed the same issue. Send it back to dji.

The same here with my Mavic 3 in Germany. I don't belive that something like this could be fixed just via firmware.

I will send it back to Amazon (my seller) and take my money back.

Mine is going back again for a replacement. I would say Mavic 3 is a disaster of a release for DJI when it comes to quality control. @flyliedutch are you getting a replacement too?
mine is defective and going back also. The good news is they are so expensive they will always have stock for a replacement! LOL...

I just got an email that my unit will be replaced (again) under warranty. Wish me luck. My third unit in a month 🙈. I expect my new unit at the end of this week.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Would love to know if anybody truly has a replacement that does not have this problem. My replacement is better, but not free from this.

Cheers, Jon

Would love to know if anybody truly has a replacement that does not have this problem. My replacement is better, but not free from this.

Cheers, Jon

You gonna send your replacement back to DJI or?

I have the same problem, but DJI came back to me and said it is supposed to be like this and there is nothing wrong. The engineers have the checked the photos, so thats is. Well, take a look at the phots - no edit - just converted fra raw (DNG) to JPGS. If this is how it is supposed to be it is terrible...

Attachments

• DJI_0036.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
  • DJI_0059.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
  • Wow
I have the same problem, but DJI came back to me and said it is supposed to be like this and there is nothing wrong. The engineers have the checked the photos, so thats is. Well, take a look at the phots - no edit - just converted fra raw (DNG) to JPGS. If this is how it is supposed to be it is terrible...
Are you kidding me...
Purple snow?
Sure...

Probably normal in China I guess but not here..
So they think / say that's that and you have to accept it?

Ask again... then demand if you have to. That is unacceptable. Go so far as to say you'll file a BBB complaint (BBB is useless imo but scares some companies) and make them at least send you a replacement. They must be blind.

Reactions: Coskier
You gonna send your replacement back to DJI or?
I am so glad I have until sometime in February to return it to B&H. I want to know if there are any out there that are not having this problem. Today in sunlight light it was real prevalent :( Also had severe tilt in the beginning.

Cheers, Jon

Attachments

• 120821_Magenta-Tilt.jpg
    120821_Magenta-Tilt.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
There is no way that anyone at DJI said this was acceptable and normal and actually meant it.

I think they might be having a bad day at the office or a tough time dealing with Mavic 3 issues to be coming back with something like that. I know a few people have discussed this in depth but there is no way anyone on this forum would find it ok for a brand new drone with industry leading optics to give you purple snow!

Hopefully this is not happening on every single Mavic 3 right now but just a bad batch?

Glad you have the refund option @GtoJon

Reactions: GtoJon
I got the same story from them yesterday.

"When capturing in an intense light scenario, such as an environment full of light at night, capturing the light indoor, or an environment with strong sunlight, optical refraction and reflection will occur as the lens has a certain thickness and is not 100% pervious to light. As such, you will see a “glare” on the camera view or final photo.
This is a normal optical phenomenon.
Please feel free to use your product.
#EndChat"

Will try again with a different agent, but I think they have seen enough returned aircraft now to realize that they can't fix the issue with a replacement...

Are you kidding me...
Purple snow?
Sure...

Probably normal in China I guess but not here..
So they think / say that's that and you have to accept it?
This is the reply I got from DJI:
I got the same story from them yesterday.

"When capturing in an intense light scenario, such as an environment full of light at night, capturing the light indoor, or an environment with strong sunlight, optical refraction and reflection will occur as the lens has a certain thickness and is not 100% pervious to light. As such, you will see a “glare” on the camera view or final photo.
This is a normal optical phenomenon.
Please feel free to use your product.
#EndChat"

Will try again with a different agent, but I think they have seen enough returned aircraft now to realize that they can't fix the issue with a replacement...

Seems like this is something to expect. Very poor quality to me but not noticeable to most of the consumers. Very strange this has not been mentioned on youtube by reviewers .

I found a youtube video of snow, check it out at 02:45....

DJI replied to me that it's a software issue (something with the sensor data) and that it will be fixed in January. My 3th replacement is on its way. I'll let you know when I received it.

Some one else mentioned that the issue is introduced in the .300 firmware. Someone can test this out with the older firmware (not upgraded yet)?

What a total.... If you ask me.
I bought this drone go go forward in quality with the pictures, not to go back...
For me this is going in reverse.

I bought it for my business but I can't sell pictures looking magenta, what should. I say to my customers?
Sorry this is a natural pehnomene... Sure they'll understand.

Also they state if I understood it correctly,
That this occurs because of a high light intensity,
The video that ovaloinen placed shows no intense light scenes and still magenta purple colors..

I also got email from DJI support that my Mavic 3 will not be replaced again as this is a firmware issue. I will be getting a refund. I don't have a lot of faith in DJI fixing this with firmware so refund is the only option. This really sucks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_