DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 color shifting in white balance / color tint

FW installed & now tested. My Magenta Shift is worse ... It was on the right side only & now is on both sides. The Horizon tilt is much better, but that can always be better sometimes anyway ;)

Cheers, Jon

Attachments

• FW.400Thumbs.jpg
    FW.400Thumbs.jpg
    800.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 121021_0008.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: JustName
FW installed & now tested. My Magenta Shift is worse ... It was on the right side only & now is on both sides. The Horizon tilt is much better, but that can always be better sometimes anyway ;)

Cheers, Jon
Sad to hear Jon. Send it back again :(

What a terrible waste of energy, time and money especially for DJI. I am happy a new FW update came out today, but when you look at this it just beggars belief as to how its not been spotted in their own testing facilities.

Is it now more likely that this issue is indeed a hardware one and not software?

I am so confused right now.

As often said, this can be a FW issue but I most highly doubt that (and even then I would assume some bad internal components with the readout etc.)

These colour shifts and tints are common with poor coating, glass or fabrication in good old photography business so what the heck is DJI talking about FW issue, natural phenomena, mambo jambo anything special for their camera to explain such bad quality?

Well, vignetting and colour shifts are indeed based on physical principles but that is not a standard I would assume especially not if any of their older drones could work around it.

But poor QA (M2P soft lens) is something you already expect with DJI.
What a shame for all those ressources and time for buyers to get a drone free from defects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Point Zero
Yes, this particular issue is one of the worst to surface so far. I mean its a high quality camera drone. Who would want to see their beautiful photographs and footage blemished by something so unnatural and ugly.

Thing is it cant be happening on every single Mavic 3 or we would know by now? Also if the new FW update did indeed make the problem worse then doesn't that suggest that it might be solvable in software?

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I don't understand why they are claiming it to be a FW issue, when I don't see it in my pictures. Very odd.

I tested my new unit yesterday and today and had over 150 DNG's. All are looking good, except for 1 or 2 who have a little purple tint but the rest is all fine. Even when I set vibrance to +100 in Lightroom, there is no issue visible anymore. Updated yesterday to the .400 firmware. It looks good for now.... #fingerscrossed

Some of the pictures I'm very satisfied with:

20211211_DJI_0035-bewerkt_MSC_SINES_R.jpg

20211211_DJI_0098-bewerkt_ZONSOPKOMST_WAARDE.jpg

20211211_DJI_0117-bewerkt_SOFIA_EXPRESS.jpg

20211211_DJI_0132-bewerkt_SOFIA_EXPRESS.jpg

The update is not mandatory. I thought maybe you have also made before and after comparison.

It could be that your new drone was simply not affected by this bug and the update has not changed anything.

The update is not mandatory. I thought maybe you have also made before and after comparison.

It could be that your new drone was simply not affected by this bug and the update has not changed anything.
That’s possible indeed. I never stated that the pictures of today are good because of the firmware. Actually I said after receiving a new unit the issues are gone for me at this moment.

That’s possible indeed. I never stated that the pictures of today are good because of the firmware. Actually I said after receiving a new unit the issues are gone for me at this moment.
Yes, you did not :)

I'm just wondering if I should risk it again and order the mavic 3 again, or wait 1-2 months. It seems that there is a chance that not all M3 are really affected by this bug.

Reactions: flyliedutch
Yes, you did not :)

I'm just wondering if I should risk it again and order the mavic 3 again, or wait 1-2 months. It seems that there is a chance that not all M3 are really affected by this bug.
If you have a unit with this issue I would send it back till you have a good unit. If you don’t have bought a Mavic 3 I advice to wait a few more months. And maybe a lot of people don’t see the issue?

If you have a unit with this issue I would send it back till you have a good unit. If you don’t have bought a Mavic 3 I advice to wait a few more months. And maybe a lot of people don’t see the issue?
It is just that DJI won't replace the Mavic 3 for this problem anymore. They are saying that this is fixed by firmware, which is probably complete nonsense. I had to take a refund because of this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec