DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 color shifting in white balance / color tint

New firmware. Problem not solved. Wonder how DJI will solve this...

Attachments

• DJI_0015.jpg
    DJI_0015.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 28
I'm sorry to see this @ovaloinen I can only say what I would do in this case and that is to keep refunding and getting another. Why? Because not all M3's seem to have this issue.

Also I would update everything again. Some have reported after doing the update a second time better results. I know, it sounds like clutching at straws but its worth a go imo.

I posted a few days ago all was fine... Today at some rainy/very cloudy conditions I saw the issue again. It's so strange... I have a few shoots earlier this week and no problem at all, but today the issue was back. I will test it again this weekend. But I don't get it to be honest haha...

I'm checking some further pics from my returned M3. Interestingly, there are also many which absolutely do not have the magentaDJI_0963.jpg problem

Thats exactly my point. It depends on the weather / light conditions I suppose.
Do anyone know it if there is another firmware update scheduled (in common)?

I can assure you that DJI is aware of the problem, and also that they know that the magenta cast appears only in specific lighting situations. I talked to them yesterday (not to someone from the ordinary support team) and they are working on a software fix. That's all I can say for now.

I can assure you that DJI is aware of the problem, and also that they know that the magenta cast appears only in specific lighting situations. I talked to them yesterday (not to someone from the ordinary support team) and they are working on a software fix. That's all I can say for now.
Any eta on that specific fix?

Everyone can test this inside by shooting a white wall like I did. My Air 2S has no problems with that test whereas all three Mavic 3 I have had have failed.
That’s not completely true. I test all my Mavic 3 units inside and 2 of 3 had no problem inside but only at specific weather conditions outside.

DJI have to fix this asap.

DJI already said that it supposed to be fixed in the v01.00.0400 firmware. I don't have a lot of faith in their sayings at the moment.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
DJI already said that it supposed to be fixed in the v01.00.0400 firmware. I don't have a lot of faith in their sayings at the moment.
And it is not fixed (completely) by firmware 0.400... Let's see if they release another fw update in January...

And it is not fixed (completely) by firmware 0.400... Let's see if they release another fw update in January...

If you read the fine print for firmware 0.400, it says "fixed abnormal color in some scenarios".

DJI never stated the issue was fixed for ALL scenario. Hopefully there will be more fix in future firmware update.

Reactions: c.oberschneider
If you read the fine print for firmware 0.400, it says "fixed abnormal color in some scenarios".

DJI never stated the issue was fixed for ALL scenario. Hopefully there will be more fix in future firmware update.
It only shows up in cloudy conditions. That is the ONLY situation that needs fixing.

That’s not true. People don’t get their units replaced the last couple of weeks in the Netherlands. Dji said it is already been fixed! So that’s a shame.

These kind of defects always show up in low contrast situations, that's logical. Caused by the fact that the contrast in these scenarios is low, and this low contrast is 'boosted' to get a pleasant looking image. When contrast gets boosted, color shifts get boosted to (become more contrasty = visible).
DJI's story of fixing this in a firmware update is BS; if the they would do this, the non-affected M3's would start showing a green color cast left and right.

Reactions: GtoJon and JustName
These kind of defects always show up in low contrast situations, that's logical. Caused by the fact that the contrast in these scenarios is low, and this low contrast is 'boosted' to get a pleasant looking image. When contrast gets boosted, color shifts get boosted to (become more contrasty = visible).
DJI's story of fixing this in a firmware update is BS; if the they would do this, the non-affected M3's would start showing a green color cast left and right.
I'm also beginning to think that fixing via firmware is BS.

I'm also beginning to think that fixing via firmware is BS.
That’s not the case in a raw image (dng). With my m2 pro and mini 2 I have not such issues in raw images. They need to fix it asap.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine