DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 color shifting in white balance / color tint

That’s not the case in a raw image (dng). With my m2 pro and mini 2 I have not such issues in raw images. They need to fix it asap.
If there are some units with this problem and others that don't (haven't seen a non affected unit myself) , then it is impossible to fix it with firmware. That would also affect the units that work ok. I have asked on the official DJI forum a comment from DJI, but it has been dead silent. I think that tells it all. It is a hardware issue and they don't want to comment it.

If there are some units with this problem and others that don't (haven't seen a non affected unit myself) , then it is impossible to fix it with firmware. That would also affect the units that work ok. I have asked on the official DJI forum a comment from DJI, but it has been dead silent. I think that tells it all. It is a hardware issue and they don't want to comment it.
Lets see what DJI will do in a possible January / February firmware update. If it not will be fixed, I will send my third unit back (again).

Can you share some DNG's when you fly in cloudy / foggy conditions? I'm just curious.

Lets see what DJI will do in a possible January / February firmware update. If it not will be fixed, I will send my third unit back (again).

Can you share some DNG's when you fly in cloudy / foggy conditions? I'm just curious.
Here post #22.

It is impossible to take a good panorama with Mavic 3 in a cloudy day. You can see the ugly magenta in the stitching points. And that is Dehaze at 0.

Oh that’s awful indeed. You send your unit back again?
I have had two directly from DJI and since they didn't replace them anymore I took a refund. Then I bought one from Finnish retailer and sent it also back for a refund. At the moment I don't have a Mavic 3. I would say Mavic 3 is a disaster of a release.

I have had two directly from DJI and since they didn't replace them anymore I took a refund. Then I bought one from Finnish retailer and sent it also back for a refund. At the moment I don't have a Mavic 3. I would say Mavic 3 is a disaster of a release.
Wow mate. I'm feeling sorry for you. It's unbelievable right that there are so many faulty units and / or a lot of people don't see the issue...

DJI are getting more and more mud on their faces by saying this is within spec and refusing to except returns for this issue.

Just buy and refund buy and refund until they get the message that this is by no means acceptable at all.

This is quite simply insane!

Last edited:
You know what I mean. Cloudy=color is usually white/grey as the wall is.

White/grey is the background color to be able to better see the magenta issues.

I'm sure the problems are always there, just not as visible when other colors are in the background.

White/grey is the background color to be able to better see the magenta issues.

I'm sure the problems are always there, just not as visible when other colors are in the background.
That is most likely what is happening. I have also taken very good photos with Mavic 3 where this magenta problem isn't visible.

Reactions: mischakeijser
I am sure its already been discussed but if the culprit is in-fact the coating used on the sensor then how is this fixable?

I don't think, that this is fixable via software because the color issues are different on each mavic.
If there would be the same amount of magenta on the same places on every single mavic 3, then you could adjust via software the ratio of magenta at this places.
Everything else is just trade-off, but not a solution.

I think it is a hardware problem and that's why DJI is dead silent about it in their own forum. I have asked multiple times to comment on this issue after the so called firmware was out that was supposed to fix this.

Reactions: JustName
@Kimblah i have seen your questions in their forum :) and also think that DJI is suspiciously silent on this issue.

I did ordered today a new M3 and should receive it already today at evening. Let's see how there results will be.

I am planning to travel soon and really need a valid serial number so I can register my drone and take it with me.

Some hints for not comparing apples to oranges:

Like other camera manufactures DJI is compensating lens issues with so named "Opcodes" within their DNG files. This was already the case with the previous M3 firmware. And every software wich uses Adobe Camera RAW is using these compensation instructions for converting RAW images, to correct some of the lens issues like color and distortion correction, or to compensate for bad Pixels. You can't switch this off in Lightroom or Photoshop.

So to really inspect or compare lens problems or verify any changes or improvements with the internal processing of the drone, you have to use a RAW converter that does not take Obcodes into account, for example RAW Therapee (free), Capture One or Affinity Photo.

Besides that it's very likely that these problems are related to the lens, not to any software, profile or Opcode quirks. Which means that while these problems can be concealed with internal JPG processing and modified profiles or Opcodes in the RAW conversion process, it can still lead to problems elsewhere, for example overall color rendition.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c