DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 color shifting in white balance / color tint

Does someone tested the new firmware (.0500) already to check if the problem is solved? I didn't had a chance to test it myself.

Very sad to hear. So what are you guys gonna do? Send it back for (another) replacement?

I have already the third M3 here and with almost the same issue.

So the main cause is clearly in the hardware. The software only tries to compensate it.

I'm going to travel in a few weeks and would like to have a drone with me that takes better pictures than my existing DJI FPV. The M3 does that and it's not worth buying an Air2s.

So I'll keep the M3 and will see how I can work around the problem. Possibly so that I do not edit the images in Lightroom but elsewhere.

Reactions: flyliedutch
One user in DJI's official forum in China shared some comparison photos between Mavic 3 main camera and Canon R6. Interesting enough, both cameras exhibit "color shift" problem, when shooting against white wall.

Above: Canon R6
Below: DJI Mavic 3
ColorShift.jpg
Original post:

I can reproduce the "color shift", when shooting against the white wall. However, in my daily flight for the last two months, I have never experienced this problem shooting aerial images. Never.

IMO, this "color shift" problem is grossly exaggerated.

One user in DJI's official forum in China shared some comparison photos between Mavic 3 main camera and Canon R6. Interesting enough, both cameras exhibit "color shift" problem, when shooting against white wall.

View attachment 142581
Original post:

I can reproduce the "color shift", when shooting against the white wall. However, in my daily flight for the last two months, I have never experienced this problem shooting aerial images. Never.

Glad for you you didn’t experienced the problem. I and a lot of others do in daily use. See the opening post. I have a lot of examples in daily use in low contrast situations.

And that’s not acceptable at this price tag. Period.

I gave up on Mavic 3 because of this problem. Completely unacceptable and impossible to take good looking panoramas on a cloudy day.

This has probably been discussed, but there's an option to turn off the front arm led's when shooting which may help.

Attachments

• 2F81BAC8-33CD-4452-94DE-16EF15493F31_1_201_a.jpeg
    2F81BAC8-33CD-4452-94DE-16EF15493F31_1_201_a.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 10

View attachment 142581
Original post:

Canon R6, but with which Lens? :)

This has probably been discussed, but there's an option to turn off the front arm led's when shooting which may help.
And other users test this function and still have the same magenta issue. So this seems not fixing it…

Reactions: Cosmo0g
Canon R6, but with which Lens? :)

I don't know. It was not mentioned in the post. But one would assume, any decent lens for Canon R6 would not exhibit such "color shift" problem...

View attachment 142581
Original post:

I've had similar magenta shift problems with the R5; also in overcast situations. Returned the Nikon, no problem at all, always flawless files. It suspect this is a sensor problem.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13