DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 coordinated turns (fixed wing mode)

New aircraft have different flight characteristics. I think of my time in the airforce. If I moaned that my jet isn’t flying exactly like the previous craft that had just been retired, I’d be the joke of the squadron.
Can you imagine if our new mavic 3 flew with the exact flight characteristics of a phantom 2.
New craft will require skills to be a adapted. It’s the nature of aviation advancement.

Reactions: Cecil
Improvements are always welcome. Faster ascend and descend times, faster flight, longer flight times, etc. But functionality and maneuverability took a huge step backwards on the M3. So did many other features. If a new, less maneuverable jet, with no work around, was brought into your squadron, i’m sure you wouldn’t be the only one moaning.

But as we all know. The first 12 months is really testing mode where wrinkles are ironed out. This has always been the issue with DJI and other big names in the industry. Not ideal but a reality

i think the biggest issue is that DJI do send out units for preview and some testing in the field, but these "social media personalities" tend to stick to pretty basic and generally glowing reviews, so that they will get to review the next best thing. This means that the true testing does not happen until the systems hit the masses with numerous configurations, system setups and operational requirements. Only then are the bugs or undesirable features identified and hopefully, eventually fixed.
Realistically, the things that are identified these days are not huge issues making the systems unusable. We have come along way in the last dozen years with consumer multirotors. My only advice for those that want perfection for their specific use, is to wait at least 12 months, or see if you can get hands on testing before purchase. If your old system is preferable, then stick with it.

Reactions: Cecil
I share the same observation. I have been flying drones for 10 years, and this Coordinated Bank Turn is really annoying. When you want to track something while turning but keeping the same flight path, the drone always tries to form a circle due to the automatic roll input. The Matrice 300 RTK allows you to disable this feature, as does the FPV model. Why is it not available in the other models?.
If you start flying DJI drones using the DJI FLY app, which is where the drones come with this automatic option (except M300), people might not realize what we're talking about. They lack the comparison and have already become accustomed to the drone automatically turning (which is not normal). That's why DJI should consider all pilots, not just the new ones, and provide options that allow users to choose whether to use this feature or not.
Of course, there's no intention to offend or anything, but it's unsettling to see that many things are disappearing, making us less involved in the piloting process with each passing day.

Reactions: ZmoothOperator
Seems the grass is always greener whatever some you folks have, there is always a whinge about something.

Because that's how progress happens. Well, other than your whinging about the winges.
Got me a bewdy there Cereal, a real burn!
What I was try to say is what is available now is tremendously capable. If you can use all the available features you are going well. No matter what the new products are some folk are never happy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS