DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 File Name Reset to 001 with every card formating - How to avoid ?

You are in the minority. The resetting to 000 was a new unwanted change with the Fly app. Every other DJI drone using GO and GO 4 before has always incremented. DJI finally made both apps perform the same, in this regard.
I bet there are more DJI pilots post-Fly than there are pre-Fly... And since this is a Mavic 3 thread, GO doesn't matter. If you think the majority of pilots wouldn't want the option of how the format functions, I'd like to see you back that up...

I bet there are more DJI pilots post-Fly than there are pre-Fly... And since this is a Mavic 3 thread, GO doesn't matter. If you think the majority of pilots wouldn't want the option of how the format functions, I'd like to see you back that up...
Obviously, being able to choose would cover both bases. I'm not opposed to choice. However, that's not the way DJI operates. The Mavic 3 is now consistent with the way all other prosumer DJI drones have operated since 2015. Most post-Fly pilots couldn't care less, and don't know the difference. Most buying the Mavic 3 are prior Mavic 2 and P4P owners, coming from GO 4, and wanted the same file incrementing.

Obviously, being able to choose would cover both bases. I'm not opposed to choice. However, that's not the way DJI operates. The Mavic 3 is now consistent with the way all other prosumer DJI drones have operated since 2015. Most post-Fly pilots couldn't care less, and don't know the difference. Most buying the Mavic 3 are prior Mavic 2 and P4P owners, coming from GO 4, and wanted the same file incrementing.
Then I guess we can agree that I am not most.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The Mavic 3 is now consistent with the way all other prosumer DJI drones have operated since 2015. Most post-Fly pilots couldn't care less, and don't know the difference.
All other prosumer drones since 2015? Hmmm. You sure about that?

1678881947512.png

The only one out of those that could be called aprosumer drone is the Mavic 3.
With their small sensors, all of the rest are squarely in the consumer category.
While creating your own language may seem cool, the term "prosumer" as it relates to drones is well established and has a definition and usage... And it's not yours.
Let me know if you need examples.

While creating your own language may seem cool, the term "prosumer" as it relates to drones is well established and has a definition and usage... And it's not yours.
Let me know if you need examples.
Since the discussion was about cameras, the definition I was using is:
Complex equipment meant for professionals is being used by enthusiasts and hobbyists and “semi-professional” consumers. The easiest example comes from photography, where complex cameras are used in non-professional settings by consumers.

I don't need to make up my own definition.
That one has been around for ages.

The only one out of those that could be called aprosumer drone is the Mavic 3.
With their small sensors, all of the rest are squarely in the consumer category.
Specifically, the P3P, the P4, the P4P, the MP, the M2P, the M2Z, the Inspire line, and all Enterprise drones. Basically, any DJI drone costing over $1000 since 2015.
Just in case you thought you were 100% correct.... And I was bored for a minute....

Prosumer Drones - B&H Photo
Prosumer Drones - Adorama
Prosumer Drones - Drone-Works

Just in case you thought you were 100% correct.... And I was bored for a minute....

Prosumer Drones - B&H Photo
Prosumer Drones - Adorama
Prosumer Drones - Drone-Works
So which are the DJI Consumer drones?
B&H categorizing the $339 Mini 2 SE a Prosumer drone is a joke.
Prosumer is between Consumer and Pro. When a reseller has no Consumer category, that doesn't make everything Prosumer.
I draw the Prosumer line today at a minimum of a 1” sensor.

The pro in prosumer is for Professional.
For cameras, the users would classify advanced models as prosumer cameras.
But when it's bestowed by manufqacturers and dealers it has become a marketing term to sell consumer models to the gullible.

The pro in prosumer is for Professional.
For cameras, the users would classify advanced models as prosumer cameras.
But when it's bestowed by manufqacturers and dealers it has become a marketing term to sell consumer models to the gullible.
Or perhaps it has nothing to do with the model itself, but how it's actually used? Someone is out there making money with a Mini 2 while someone else flies an Inspire in their local park once a month.

Due to the file names resetting when formatted or after reaching 999 on the 3 DJI Drones I have owned I started using the date format before the file name when I import into Lightroom on both my drone and camera photos. It has the advantage that you can easily tell at a glance what date the photo was taken just by the file name when you fall behind on working with them lol. So even if DJI have fixed the file numbering I think I will stay with this workaround.

Due to the file names resetting when formatted or after reaching 999 on the 3 DJI Drones I have owned I started using the date format before the file name when I import into Lightroom on both my drone and camera photos. It has the advantage that you can easily tell at a glance what date the photo was taken just by the file name when you fall behind on working with them lol. So even if DJI have fixed the file numbering I think I will stay with this workaround.
That's more than a workaround. It's a better naming convention!

Reactions: Merrillie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive