DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Fly More Combo Bag/ Backpack Review - Video and pics

Coskier

Reactions
My first product review in video form. Go easy on me. :) @CanadaDrone / @John Locke - I think you guys were looking for something like this. Pics are a couple of replies down.

Last edited:
That was fantastic review and I have watched a few .. I think will see more reviews from you. For me watching the struggle is priceless. Most reviewers make it all look to pretty. This is my kind of review.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm a "call it as I see it" kind of person...

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Pictures of it all together.

This is how it was in the box.

Batteries, hub, and drone on the bottom level.

Controller and filters on top of the "flap" over the battery compartment.

Backpack mode with my 2018 15" MacBook Pro (for size references)

The "rucksack" part of backpack mode is soft/ kludgy, so the MacBook hangs in there at a funny angle. Over time this will definitely cause wear on the interior of the pockets, since the MacBook edges are kind of sharp. 2nd pic below really shows it.

The way the rucksack part was implemented, makes it heavier in the front, so it wants to fall over. Balancing is a challenge.

Briefcase mode with pass-thru open, sitting on my Away roller carry-on.

I tend to do more editing on my iPad than my MacBook, so I can totally see carrying the iPad, assorted cables, and some clothes or something in the rucksack part and be fine. The volume of the ruck is impressive, just kind of weird with it's angles and lack of organization.

Thanks Coskier for an excellent review. You covered all the aspects of how it works and the logistics of using it. It appear hard to use, meaning it's time consuming to use. It's appears complicated to stack all the drone stuff on multiple layers, everything in tight spaces. It seems to have no extra room to carry and extra 4th or 5th battery, SD card holder, my DJI action camera, etc. It doesn't seem as versatile as some of the compact backpacks I've been using, which are configurable for multiple purposes. And the DJI zippers don't seem to work as silky smooth as my general purpose configurable camera backpacks.

Thanks again for the great review. IMO the fly-more kit has gone overboard on the cost, given the expense and complexity of the backpack. I usually buy the fly-more kits from DJI, but not this time. I have a lot of unused DJI bags from previous fly-more kits. I have never used them for similar reason to the above.

Too bad the charge cradles are on backorder most places, when not buying the fly-more kit. The cradle is essential to charge lose batteries, not in the craft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coskier
Thanks for the fine review. I had not seen any of the detail on the bag elsewhere.

I liked it that your comments showed up as text when I watched this. I’m wondering how you did that.

It looks like you did this as a single video clip. I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do that. As a suggestion, for this kind of video I just bought the remote mic for my Pocket 2 since quality audio is a big challenge for such recordings.

I love the combo bags on all my DJI drones and your video did a great job of showing why they all work so well.

My first product review in video form. Go easy on me. :) @CanadaDrone / @John Locke - I think you guys were looking for something like this. Pics are a couple of replies down.

Good review, thank you.
My question to you is…. The Flymore bag is designed really well and contains ample storage for everything and accessories but I’m wondering, do you feel that bag/backpack offers good protection for the drone? Does it seem to offer more protection in bag or backpack form? Is the backpack comfortable to wear?
Lol…. I normally order LowPro backpacks for my drones so I’m really curious.

Thanks for the fine review. I had not seen any of the detail on the bag elsewhere.

I liked it that your comments showed up as text when I watched this. I’m wondering how you did that.

It looks like you did this as a single video clip. I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do that. As a suggestion, for this kind of video I just bought the remote mic for my Pocket 2 since quality audio is a big challenge for such recordings.

Not sure how the closed captioning happened. It was one take, and I used my AirPods for the mic. If I do more of this, I'll probably get a better mic, make better intro and end of video graphics, etc. It was my first video review. But I do a lot of presentations for work and my industry, I've gotten good at speaking my mind somewhat coherently. ;)

Good review, thank you.
My question to you is…. The Flymore bag is designed really well and contains ample storage for everything and accessories but I’m wondering, do you feel that bag/backpack offers good protection for the drone? Does it seem to offer more protection in bag or backpack form? Is the backpack comfortable to wear?
Lol…. I normally order LowPro backpacks for my drones so I’m really curious.

Overall, yes, the slot where the drone is does feel well protected. I burned through 4 batteries today (recharged one in my Jeep with the FMC charger plugged into the 110 outlet in said Jeep (4XE)) over 5 different locations. I put the drone back in the pocket after each shoot. Definitely feel like it is safe in there. I mean, I wouldn't submit the bag as checked luggage - but under my control, yes, very safe.

in the handbag mode, is it just my bag or the shoulder straps seem to snap in backward / upside down...can't get them snap in correctly without twisting the straps

when the strap goes over the shoulder, the side that is shown in the photo should face down but it is facing up

20211208_212622.jpg

Thought I should follow up to this, since I travelled with the bag in backpack mode over the weekend.

Pros
- Pass-through on the back still works for staying on my roller bag handle
- Backpack "space" has a LOT of volume
- Drone was safely tucked away in it's normal space
- Whole thing fit under the seat in front of me (in steerage on Southwest) with no problems

Cons
- the backpack space has a crevice that goes down the back of the bag a little, easy to lose things in there without pockets or dividers
- the whole backpack portion, being very soft sided is not rigid enough to stay fully upright. Look at the video and you'll get an idea of what I mean.
- you can load it with enough stuff that TSA will pull the bag to look through. They thought they saw an Allen wrench, but the inspecting officer said thee was too much clutter in the bag (there was no Allen wrench, I don't travel with tools).

It would be nice to haves
- Would be nice to have another handle towards the top of "backpack mode" to place around my roller handle to keep the whole thing upright (see the video, you'll understand)
- Divders/ pockets in the backpack space

All in all though, I was pleased with it and will likely travel with it in this configuration again as a replacement for my briefcase when I have a situation where I need the space in my roller carry-on. But if I don't need the space in the carry-on, I'll go back to regular mode and keep it in there.

in the handbag mode, is it just my bag or the shoulder straps seem to snap in backward / upside down...can't get them snap in correctly without twisting the straps

when the strap goes over the shoulder, the side that is shown in the photo should face down but it is facing up

View attachment 139827

@djitx Apologies for taking so long to reply. Actually, this is correct. When on the shoulder, the part that is down in your pic is the padded portion so the strap doesn't bite into your shoulder. They even make sure you do it right by having a buckle that only fits in one direction, as below.

51842111117_3a6fb038f6_c.jpg

51843787950_986fa23463_c.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54