DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 has landed!

Just received my new Mavic 3 today. It was a refurbished unit and an excellent price. It's perfect! No marks of any kind - holding strap looks absolutely new. I'm very pleased.
Updated all the firmware and activated in the Go Fly app.
Unit reports 0 hours of flight time.
Compared to my Air 2S, I really like the strap that holds the blades in securely and covers the gimbal all at once. Plus, access to the battery, data port and SD card slot is easy without having to fold out the legs every time.
All registered with Transport Canada and Navdrone.
I wish someone kept Navdrone more up to date. There isn't a selection for either my Air 2S or the Mavic 3. I had to choose the Air 2 and the Mavic 3E - those were the only options for my drones. I sent them a note asking for at least a manual option where we can put in the correct model number.

One question. When setting the drone up, there was a brief message that appeared on the screen then disappeared. It was in Chinese, so I don't know if it's something to be concerned about, or it's just a fluke during setup for some low level function that I'll never see again.
I checked everywhere for language options, just in case, before I fly it for the first time but I can't find an area to select language.

Looking forward to first flight as soon as the wind dies down LOL.
I am considering buying a refurb Mavic 3 Cine. The price is very good and I had a refurb Mavic Pro a few years ago, which was really just like a brand new drone. I'm wondering though, when you updated the firmware, were you given the option to register for a European Union Class C1 sticker? Or did the Mavic 3 already have the C1 sticker attached? (It should be near the CE logo on the inside of one of the legs). I want to be able to get a C1 sticker so I can fly in Europe as
Category A1 operator. Supposedly, after updating the firmware, a screen should pop up asking if you want the sticker mailed to you. Thanks for any info you can share!

Reactions: LoudThunder
I am considering buying a refurb Mavic 3 Cine. The price is very good and I had a refurb Mavic Pro a few years ago, which was really just like a brand new drone. I'm wondering though, when you updated the firmware, were you given the option to register for a European Union Class C1 sticker? Or did the Mavic 3 already have the C1 sticker attached? (It should be near the CE logo on the inside of one of the legs). I want to be able to get a C1 sticker so I can fly in Europe as
Category A1 operator. Supposedly, after updating the firmware, a screen should pop up asking if you want the sticker mailed to you. Thanks for any info you can share!
No, there was no sticker and it didn't show me any options during the binding or updating process. Perhaps since I got it in the US, it was already setup for the US market. Is there a DJI outlet - certified refurbisher in the EU that you might be able to purchase refurbished units ready for your market?
That said, this was an amazing deal that comes with the full DJI warranty. I was also given the option to purchase Care Refresh within 48 hours after initialization.

Last edited:
No, there was no sticker and it show me any options during the binding or updating process. Perhaps since I got it in the US, it was already setup for the US market. Is there a DJI outlet - certified refurbisher in the EU that you might be able to purchase refurbished units ready for your market?
That said, this was an amazing deal that comes with the full DJI warranty. I was also given the option to purchase Care Refresh within 48 hours after initialization.
Right- I am looking at buying the Mavic 3 from an EU store, and hopefully will have the C1 already on it, or can install it after. Basically without the VAT, the price is similar to the refurb price here. I really need that C1 sticker! Without it you have to fly 50 meters away from any person!

Reactions: LoudThunder
Just received my new Mavic 3 today. It was a refurbished unit and an excellent price. It's perfect! No marks of any kind - holding strap looks absolutely new. I'm very pleased.
Updated all the firmware and activated in the Go Fly app.
Unit reports 0 hours of flight time.
Compared to my Air 2S, I really like the strap that holds the blades in securely and covers the gimbal all at once. Plus, access to the battery, data port and SD card slot is easy without having to fold out the legs every time.
All registered with Transport Canada and Navdrone.
I wish someone kept Navdrone more up to date. There isn't a selection for either my Air 2S or the Mavic 3. I had to choose the Air 2 and the Mavic 3E - those were the only options for my drones. I sent them a note asking for at least a manual option where we can put in the correct model number.

One question. When setting the drone up, there was a brief message that appeared on the screen then disappeared. It was in Chinese, so I don't know if it's something to be concerned about, or it's just a fluke during setup for some low level function that I'll never see again.
I checked everywhere for language options, just in case, before I fly it for the first time but I can't find an area to select language.

Looking forward to first flight as soon as the wind dies down LOL.
I rechecked the language setting in the Go Fly app on my iphone and it was set to "Default". I changed it to "English". I'll see if that stops the occasional Chinese messages popping up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne