DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 has landed!

WanderLost

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Just received my new Mavic 3 today. It was a refurbished unit and an excellent price. It's perfect! No marks of any kind - holding strap looks absolutely new. I'm very pleased.
Updated all the firmware and activated in the Go Fly app.
Unit reports 0 hours of flight time.
Compared to my Air 2S, I really like the strap that holds the blades in securely and covers the gimbal all at once. Plus, access to the battery, data port and SD card slot is easy without having to fold out the legs every time.
All registered with Transport Canada and Navdrone.
I wish someone kept Navdrone more up to date. There isn't a selection for either my Air 2S or the Mavic 3. I had to choose the Air 2 and the Mavic 3E - those were the only options for my drones. I sent them a note asking for at least a manual option where we can put in the correct model number.

One question. When setting the drone up, there was a brief message that appeared on the screen then disappeared. It was in Chinese, so I don't know if it's something to be concerned about, or it's just a fluke during setup for some low level function that I'll never see again.
I checked everywhere for language options, just in case, before I fly it for the first time but I can't find an area to select language.

Looking forward to first flight as soon as the wind dies down LOL.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome back to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America WanderLost

Congratulations and welcome back to the Forum with a new set of wings and view of the world. :cool:

Just received my new Mavic 3 today.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

I can't help you with the message that pops up, but does your device (Smart phone or Tablet) let you record the screen, if so try recording the screen while you boot up and then you can view the video afterwards and stop it to see exactly what it says. If you are using a controller with a built-in screen, perhaps record the screen with your smart phone…

I think you are requesting the downloads including the User Manuals for both the Air 2S and the Mavic 3. I can help you there…

Below are the links to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Air 2s and Mavic 3, including the User Manuals.

After you read the Manuals, read them again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

I can't help you with the message that pops up, but does your device (Smart phone or Tablet) let you record the screen, if so try recording the screen while you boot up and then you can view the video afterwards and stop it to see exactly what it says. If you are using a controller with a built-in screen, perhaps record the screen with your smart phone…

I think you are requesting the downloads including the User Manuals for both the Air 2S and the Mavic 3. I can help you there…

Below are the links to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Air 2s and Mavic 3, including the User Manuals.

After you read the Manuals, read them again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…
That's right! I hadn't thought to cache the app to my tablet or cell phone so I can watch the display. I'll try that if the message shows again. Then I can have Google translate help me out.

Thanks for the links. I'll keep them bookmarked to watch for updates. I was pleasantly surprised to see a version 2 of the manual for the M3 with updated information.
You're right about reading them more than once LOL. For a newbie like me, there are things that are important that don't jump out at you since you don't know what's vitally important and what is only an occasional issue.

For instance, I got clued into the auto self-discharge of the batteries by another member - something I glossed over in the reading.

I also couldn't understand at first why I couldn't get Mastershots to work - blaming my newbie-ness. Until, I read the fine print that told me that it doesn't work at the higher resolutions and frame rates.

This forum is great for helping with situations that crop up. I appreciate the patience shown for a rookie pilot just getting his props wet.

Thanks again!

Just completed my first flight of this Mavic 3. It's so much faster than my 2S cornering and maneuvering. Withstood the moderate winds no problem and had no issues with connectivity. Best of all, after 20 minutes in the air, the battery is still around 65%. Fantastic!
I see I couldn't select the telephoto while recording on the fly. I had to stop recording, switch to the tele camera and then continue. It seems about as loud as the 2S, but a lower pitch.
It's definitely easier to see in the air with the dark grey color - one benefit of a larger drone as well I guess.
Do some of you guys/gals run with a strobe during the day? I was wondering if it helps to reacquire visual when a distance away when you look down at the controller and then back up to the drone.

Best of all, after 20 minutes in the air, the battery is still around 65%.

Yeah, probably get bored of flying at that point. ;)

I'm kidding of course. ☮️

My history of flying the Spark years ago with a 12-15 minute flight time. I was blown away with the MA2 and the 25 plus minutes of flight.

When I first flew the MA2, I would hurry up, get the shot, then start heading home with half a battery. :D

Life is good. 😊

run with a strobe during the day?

YES.

I fly with (4) ARC V strobes on the MA 2 day or night.

My flights vary from in the sky or below the trees on a river or lake.

The strobes help me with the location AND orientation of the aircraft with the use of colored strobes.

You're results may vary.

Last edited:
How do you attach your strobes to your drones?

How do you attach your strobes to your drones?

I use this product from one of our vendors.

Here are the strobe mounts available for the Mavic 3 and other drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne