DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More Navdrone Issues

WanderLost

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm having more issues with Navdrone and the support team there do not seem to know what to do.
I recently sold my Air 2S and de-registered it on Transport Canada and deleted it in the Navdrone app.
I then received a message from Navdrone that I needed to correct 2 operations that had errors.
The operations did not show a drone selected. I did not realize I could "fly" without selecting a drone.
I tried to edit the operation to select a drone, but I can only select my Mavic 3.
I reached out to Navdrone support and they told me to delete the operations and recreate them.
I did that, but I still can't put in the deleted Air 2S drone. I tried selecting my Mavic 3 anyway, and recreated the date and time of the operation.
That failed since the app doesn't allow you to created operations in the past.
Am I losing my mind here? Or am I missing some important detail that could fix this?
Even if I somehow put my Air 2S back into my "gear", I can't recreate an operation in the past.
Any insight from users here would be great!

The Web app has more options and most of editing etc has to be done on the web app.
Fully sympathize, I've had so many absurd interchanges with the Navdrone app team, I"ve even complained to Nav Canada a couple of times but they just pass the complaint to the NavDrone team.
One issue I have is that they keep creating NOTAM areas on the mobile app that are larger than the actual NOTAM. Weirdly their response is "we just allow extra space for safety" or equally strange responses. I live and work in Montreal so there are often NOTAM's restricting operations and as I've pointed out to the Team several times, this could affect insurance and the legality to operate. But they just make excuses after excuses. Odd because generally the App works very well and is very convenient (speaking as one who use to have to file SFOC's and wait weeks for a response)

The Web app has more options and most of editing etc has to be done on the web app.
Fully sympathize, I've had so many absurd interchanges with the Navdrone app team, I"ve even complained to Nav Canada a couple of times but they just pass the complaint to the NavDrone team.
One issue I have is that they keep creating NOTAM areas on the mobile app that are larger than the actual NOTAM. Weirdly their response is "we just allow extra space for safety" or equally strange responses. I live and work in Montreal so there are often NOTAM's restricting operations and as I've pointed out to the Team several times, this could affect insurance and the legality to operate. But they just make excuses after excuses. Odd because generally the App works very well and is very convenient (speaking as one who use to have to file SFOC's and wait weeks for a response)
Thanks for the reply. I'm using the Web version since it contains the tools I needed to recreate the operation.
I just got another update from the support team and they said, it's working as designed - you cannot create an operation in the past.
So, I asked them, how can I follow your instructions to delete and recreate the operation if it happens in the past?
I'm so annoyed with this seeming lack of understanding about how the program works, or their inability to understand what my issue is.
I'm anxious to do everything right since safety and reporting are important issues that I always want to do correctly - so I feel that Nav Canada isn't helping me to work within their framework here with software that's either buggy, or doesn't provide all the necessary options needed to operate as an RPAS pilot.

My sense is that RPAS App is on a minimum budget, with only very basic support. For Nav CANADA this just a pimple on the babies bum, they‘re wrestling with much bigger issues post COVID with manned flight. If you sign up for TC alerts you see loads of issues affecting ANS’s and airports. I am happy that we have this convenient mobile App inspite of its annoying bugs, I use it several times a week for my work as a journalist and it makes life very easy.
Havent tried this but can you create a new flight (just register the operation as usual) then tap takeoff, then land, save and edit the log and enter yr old data?
Good luck.

My sense is that RPAS App is on a minimum budget, with only very basic support. For Nav CANADA this just a pimple on the babies bum, they‘re wrestling with much bigger issues post COVID with manned flight. If you sign up for TC alerts you see loads of issues affecting ANS’s and airports. I am happy that we have this convenient mobile App inspite of its annoying bugs, I use it several times a week for my work as a journalist and it makes life very easy.
Havent tried this but can you create a new flight (just register the operation as usual) then tap takeoff, then land, save and edit the log and enter yr old data?
Good luck.
Yeah - I tried that, but again, it won't allow a date in the past.
So - I give up.
The app is very handy since with a few clicks, I can see areas permitted or not, along with quick clicks to weather and NOTAMs. So it's frustrating when it locks up on me in the field or errors appear that didn't show while I was using it.
Technically, I suppose all we really need to do as far as documenting is concerned is in the DJI flight logs that I copy to my computer in a more convenient format that covers other things like battery # used, etc.
The latest updates to the DJI app now properly show height limits in my area that weren't in Navdrone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne