DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Location not showing in Android Flight Log

WanderLost

Premium Pilot
Reactions
When checking my flight logs on the DJI app in my Iphone and my Tripltek 8 Pro tablet, I notice a difference.
The Iphone shows the location next to the date and time while the Tripltek 8 does not. Location based services are on in both devices and DJI Go Fly and Navdrone have access.
I've synced the records across my devices.
Is this normal for Android devices to leave this out? It's mighty handy when I'm transferring my flight info into my computer flight logs.
Or is there anyway to enable it that I'm missing?

I just checked a Samsung S6, it shows a grey map icon in the list for a log I have just put on it, I switched location services and wifi on and airplane mode off. I do not normally leave logs in the phone, hence the need for the upload.

When checking my flight logs on the DJI app in my Iphone and my Tripltek 8 Pro tablet, I notice a difference.
The Iphone shows the location next to the date and time while the Tripltek 8 does not. Location based services are on in both devices and DJI Go Fly and Navdrone have access.
I've synced the records across my devices.
Is this normal for Android devices to leave this out? It's mighty handy when I'm transferring my flight info into my computer flight logs.
Or is there anyway to enable it that I'm missing?
Sometimes there is a slight difference in the way Apps work with the IOS system than the Android system. You can download the GPS/Location Test App for Tripltek here.

Sometimes there is a slight difference in the way Apps work with the IOS system than the Android system. You can download the GPS/Location Test App for Tripltek here.
Thanks for that. I downloaded and ran the test. The GPS is working fine in the tablet. I've been using it with my Air 2S without issue for a month now. The only problem is seeing the location recorded in the DJI app flight record. Everything else seems to be showing properly - but that key piece of information that is missing is very helpful.

I just checked a Samsung S6, it shows a grey map icon in the list for a log I have just put on it, I switched location services and wifi on and airplane mode off. I do not normally leave logs in the phone, hence the need for the upload.
Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing - I tap Profile on the opening page of the DJI app. Then More at the bottom left. All my flights are there. When I select one, it shows the map of the location and the flight path and starts playing the flight back on the map. On the bottom right, it shows DJI Air 2S, below that, the date and lift off time and below that in the corner, the total flight time.
What's missing is the location just before the date.
I'm going to take a couple of photos and repost.

When I select one, it shows the map of the location and the flight path and starts playing the flight back on the map. On the bottom right, it shows DJI Air 2S, below that, the date and lift off time and below that in the corner, the total flight time.
What's missing is the location just before the date.
That all sounds normal .. It's what I see on an 8" Android tablet.

No we were not talking about the same thing. My mistake I think.
I was talking about a grey thunbnail to the right when I get to "there" in "I tap Profile on the opening page of the DJI app. Then More at the bottom left. All my flights are there.".

Going beyond that, into the replay of the flight, I can always see the replay of the flight. Sometimes it is just an opened out view of the globe and sometimes I see the actual map and the replay plays out on the actual map.
As a lot of my flights are indoors without GP,S seeing the "opened out view of the globe" in quite normal for me and I never bother to check whether there should have been a map view, so, I can not comment on whether or not the map view replay requires the phone to have location serivces on ...... or not. Sorry

Last edited:
No we were not talking about the same thing.
I was talking about a grey thunbnail to the right when I get to "there" in "I tap Profile on the opening page of the DJI app. Then More at the bottom left. All my flights are there.".

Going beyond that, into the replay of the flight, I can always see the replay of the flight. Sometimes it is just an opened out view of the globe and sometimes I see the actual map and the replay plays out on the actual map.
As a lot of my flights are indoors without GP,S seeing the "opened out view of the globe" in quite normal for me and I never bother to check whether there should have been a map view, so, I can not comment on whether or not the map view replay requires the phone to have location serivces on ...... or not. Sorry
This is what I see on the 2 platforms. Yes I see the globe when I'm indoors when there is no GPS.
The iPhone version shows the location on the lower right as well as more of the terrain in color.
I was hoping that I just didn't have some option turned on.
AndroidLog.jpgIphoneLog.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998