DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 high altitude propellers ?

Mecan

Reactions
Can you buy propellers for mavic 3 for high altitude environments ? I haven't found them yet...

Reactions: mavictk
You can't buy them in the shop, but you could ask DJI. Earlier this year a climbing team brought a Mavic 3 to the top of Mt. Everest, and took off. It reached 9232 meters! DJI says it was an "adapted" Mavic 3, but no more detailed information. I would guess special propellers is one of the "adaptions"

400 foot AGL, I guess it depends on the elevation where you launch from

You don't really need special props unless you are going really high, like over 12-14,000ft. Since you are flying electric motors, you don't need to worry about fuel air mixtures, just prop pitch and size. At altitude you will have thinner air, therefore the motors will have to work extra hard.

With thinner air there is less to bite into by the props, so a larger wider blade with a slightly greater pitch angle would be better too. However, such a prop again put more load on your motors and that affects battery life, of course. As with all things aviation, you are always working with tradeoffs. Let us know what altitude you are considering flying at.

You can't buy them in the shop, but you could ask DJI. Earlier this year a climbing team brought a Mavic 3 to the top of Mt. Everest, and took off. It reached 9232 meters! DJI says it was an "adapted" Mavic 3, but no more detailed information. I would guess special propellers is one of the "adaptions"

There was an article published by DJI on their official user forum in China, detailing the collaboration between DJI and the Everest climbing team. Specifically, DJI's engineers modified the firmware for Mavic 3, so it descents much faster than normal, to save battery as much as possible, when flying on top of the world's highest peak. There is no hardware modification made to the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78