DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 low level flying.

How about you look at what you are doing first because by the look of your previous posts you are much more dangerous then I am.
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion?
But you invited questions.
Do you have any response to the 2 questions I asked?

Reactions: AZDave
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion?
But you invited questions.
Do you have any response to the 2 questions I asked?
I already answered the first question. If you above all the surfers, you can't hit them, because the ocean is at the same altitude everywhere in the world. He had to be flying backward, to get the fronts of the surfers.
As far as the done rules, if you obeyed all the drone rules, it wouldn't be worth having a drone. You just have to use your common sense, until they make the rules more intelligent. I think most drone pilots agree, that some rules don't make sense.
He might not reply to you, because you pissed him off.
So in Australia this is the rule: "You must keep your drone at least 30 metres away from other people." But what do they mean by "other people". If you know them are they other people?

Last edited:
Here's a good example of a stupid rule in the Philippines, where I live.

"Do not fly closer than 10 kilometers (6 miles) from airports."

Why? It doesn't make any sense at all.

I already answered the first question.
Thanks shb .. but you've already made your thoughts on drone safety and distance perception clear.
I was hoping to learn something from the flyer who modestly introduced himself as: someone with probably more experience than most of you combined and said you are welcome to ask me any questions.
So in Australia this is the rule: "You must keep your drone at least 30 metres away from other people." But what do they mean by "other people". If you know them are they other people?
That's too complicated for me, but perhaps the expert could explain it.

If you above all the surfers, you can't hit them, because the ocean is at the same altitude everywhere in the world.
But if you're low, in close proximity to people and moving, the drone can lose crucial altitude. The pilot admitted he made this very mistake. . . .
. . . . as you can see I started to fly about 4 meters above but I started to descended and I failed to correct this.
As I said earlier. He was lucky not to have hit a surfer.

As far as the done rules, if you obeyed all the drone rules, it wouldn't be worth having a drone. You just have to use your common sense, until they make the rules more intelligent. I think most drone pilots agree, that some rules don't make sense.

I disagree. The rules are made to encompass a lot of scenarios that not everybody can comprehend. One such scenario has been demonstrated in this very thread. - A pilot flying backwards, close to heaving waves in close proximity to surfers, lost half of his height unexpectedly and failed to notice or correct his flight path. The rules provide a clear buffer that would have negated any such failure - thats why the rules are there.

Or you could stop being a negative Nancy And look at the facts did I crash NO ,have I ever crashed No. was anyone hurt No, Do I know the people in the clip yes. Is the drone insight at all times yes. Do you have any understanding of how editing works clearly not. I have over 800 videos on Instagram hundreds of hours of fight time and for not even 5 seconds I Appeared to be to low for YOU to comprehend what is safe and what is not. How about you look at what you are doing first because by the look of your previous posts you are much more dangerous then I am.
Given that you've switched to personal attacks and suppositions, I gather that you don't feel your position is supported by fact and common sense.

I already answered the first question. If you above all the surfers, you can't hit them, because the ocean is at the same altitude everywhere in the world. He had to be flying backward, to get the fronts of the surfers.
He might not reply to you, because you pissed him off.

"So in Australia this is the rule: "You must keep your drone at least 30 metres away from other people." But what do they mean by "other people". If you know them are they other people?"

LOL. That truly explains a lot.

Reactions: Meta4 and Ty Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King