DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro dlog-m Vs Normal

Reactions
Hello,

I was doing some testing with this 2 profiles and I found that Dlog-m looks like soft(not sharp) or not focus.. is this a common issue?( I tried same video with 2 profiles) I was planning to use Dlog-m but i found this and not sure if this is the behaviour.

in Davinci then I can apply some sharpness but even with that i found in my footage that some items still are sharp and focus in the normal mode :(

Any help would be great!

Don't you need to add back contrast and saturation to suit your tastes? I thought that the D-log used a wider gamut that looks washed out straight out of the drone. That would definitely look less sharp. Can you compare the crispness of some writing on a sign in both video modes to see if there's a difference in actual sharpness?

Reactions: MaxE1955!
do u have the DJI LUTS (D-Log to Rec.709)
installed in DaVinci Resolve? does a pretty good job the tweaking to yr taste

do u have the DJI LUTS (D-Log to Rec.709)
installed in DaVinci Resolve? does a pretty good job the tweaking to yr taste
Yes, I was using that..but still dont get the image I want..( i am not a color grading expert).

I am testing the LHG mode and it seems is the one I like/want.. is 10 bit mode and applying the Dlog-m lut from dji I have great results! I will test more in deep..

I've always wanted to try the Dlog myself, and have just a little. I'm flying the Mavic 2 Pro and just not sure what would be best to reach the results I hear about in the forum. Dlog...10bit etc....?

D-log is just a tool to squeeze out the most detail in shadows and minimize lost highlights & noise possible. It requires some knowledge of post processing techniques. In my opinion the benefits are small. It adds work to your post processing work flow. Although I use it I’m not convinced there’s much benefit & much will be lost in yr highly compressed display medium (YouTube, Vimeo etc). DJI has a rather technical explanation here

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
D-log is just a tool to squeeze out the most detail in shadows and minimize lost highlights & noise possible. It requires some knowledge of post processing techniques. In my opinion the benefits are small. It adds work to your post processing work flow. Although I use it I’m not convinced there’s much benefit & much will be lost in yr highly compressed display medium (YouTube, Vimeo etc). DJI has a rather technical explanation here
There is definitelly benefit by shooting in D-log, especially scenes with big contrast where extra dynamic range comes handy. The Normal profile looses highlights pretty quickly and the lost data can not be recovered in post.

Last edited:
There is definitelly benefit by shooting in D-log, especially scenes with big contrast where extra dynamic range comes handy. The Normal profile looses highlights pretty quickly and the lost data can not be recovered in post.
Question on this....would shooting AEB be consider an alternative way of shooting a photo ? Highlights are stitched together for a better photo using the 3, or 5 different exposure levels.

Question on this....would shooting AEB be consider an alternative way of shooting a photo ? Highlights are stitched together for a better photo using the 3, or 5 different exposure levels.
Yes, shooting photos in AEB and stitching in post is a good way to increase dynamic range. But we were talking about video where you can not AEB and stitch 😉

Yes, shooting photos in AEB and stitching in post is a good way to increase dynamic range. But we were talking about video where you can not AEB and stitch 😉
Oh sorry that's right....thanks !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne