DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing DLOG 7x camera

Darkabaz

Reactions
To what extent is a firmware update able to address some of the major drawbacks of the cameras? I always film in DLOG and it's really ridiculous that the 7x doesn't have a DLOG. Should a fw update be possible to add dlog to the 7x camera? Or is this hardware poor? I notice that editing is very difficult when filming with all 3 cameras. Be aware of it!

Also annoying is that the color bits are different, and this too is noticeable. is a firmware update also sufficient to add 12bit to the other 2 cameras, for example? .It feels a bit like a drone with 3 separate cameras and it's not a whole at all. Dji really needs to release a finished product, complete.

You buy a PRO drone so you can assume that a pro can also use it. Missing this mode and color profiles on 1 or more cameras is a big loss.

In short:
- add the same color bit to all cameras
- add dlog mode to 7x

Last edited:
Reactions: Filmarik
Been looking for this post or a post like it. In researching the bird the different video delivery specifications were noted. I have been holding off on the purchase for just this reason. Dlog, Dlog-m, and a non-log container spells trouble in cutting footage. D-log from my M3C cuts nicely with my cinema cameras. Different focal lengths would be nice but not if they can't be reasonably color graded.

Reactions: Darkabaz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman