DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro footage laggy

insanekyle

Reactions
I have a Mavic 3 pro and when I film anything to an sd card the footage on my laptop shows up choppy and laggy, but when I airdrop it from the Sd to my phone the footage is perfectly fine, is there any reason for this? Could it be the card reader I have? Because the footage is definitely not being messed up, it just appears that way on my laptop for some reason.

I have a Mavic 3 pro and when I film anything to an sd card the footage on my laptop shows up choppy and laggy, but when I airdrop it from the Sd to my phone the footage is perfectly fine, is there any reason for this? Could it be the card reader I have? Because the footage is definitely not being messed up, it just appears that way on my laptop for some reason.

A slow graphics processor on the laptop could cause that.

Are the files being converted to another resolution when copied to your phone?

It could well be a limitation of the laptop. Some older, less powerful graphics processors can't handle the higher resolution, higher frame rate video files that DJI drones can produce.
I have a 2022 MacBook Pro, I don’t think it’s a limitation in the laptop itself, I talked to DJI and they said that it’s probably the stock video player, when I am able to I am going to install a professional video player and see if that works, I will update you later.

Reactions: MS Coast
I did try VLC and i believe it worked, but all of my videos had the subtitles, which is all of the information about the video. Is there a way to remove?
You can switch the subtitles off in VLC or move the .SRT files into another directory or just delete them if you don't think you need them.

Reactions: shb
I have found that playing the SD card thru a USB port (with the SD Card Reader) it will be choppy. If you are trying to send 4K thru a USB port, expect it to be choppy. Even on my 77 inch OLED TV it's choppy. I put them on a full size flash drive. for computer, It's best to drag the files to your desktop and play them from there. VLC Media Player works great, as mentioned above, and you can go into tools/prefernces/subtitles to turn off subtitles. You can also get excellent 'frame grabs' from your videos! Go to Videos/snapshot. It's default to PNG. I changed mine to JPEG.

Reactions: MS Coast
You can switch the subtitles off in VLC or move the .SRT files into another directory or just delete them if you don't think you need them.
VLC will play just about anything.. Depending on whether you're set to H.264 or H.265, the later requires more processing power than H.264. There maybe a setting you can turn off to eliminate the subtitles in the app, so they won't record.. You can also disable subtitles in VLC, or delete the related .SRT file as noted... unless you really want all that subtitle info? What were you using before when it was choppy...?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne