DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Mavic 3 Pro Release Thoughts...going to be good!

Are you going to be a beta tester for DJI and pay a lot to do so?
I wonder how many early buyers of the Mavic 3 thought so and then ended up regretting their haste?

Yawn, Pass.

I fly professionally for our little advertising/marketing company. We have the Mavic 2 Pro and I love it and it meets out needs very well but if we were upgrading, I'd seriously consider the Mavic 3 Pro.

I fly professionally for our little advertising/marketing company. We have the Mavic 2 Pro and I love it and it meets out needs very well but if we were upgrading, I'd seriously consider the Mavic 3 Pro.
That surprises me. If I were producing for and ad/market outfit I would want nothing less than an Inspire 2 with an x7 camera, dng raw. Definitely no sensor smaller than MFT.

That surprises me. If I were producing for and ad/market outfit I would want nothing less than an Inspire 2 with an x7 camera, dng raw. Definitely no sensor smaller than MFT.
Yes. We started with the Inspire 1 (it crashed) but we're a VERY small company. I, me, no one else, am the the entire video department and we simply cannot afford anything like the Inspire 2 and certaining not the I-3. It costs more than I spent on our cameras and all our lenses!

Yes. We started with the Inspire 1 (it crashed) but we're a VERY small company. I, me, no one else, am the the entire video department and we simply cannot afford anything like the Inspire 2 and certaining not the I-3. It costs more than I spent on our cameras and all our lenses!
I'm not knocking the video and pic quality of the M2 or M3 in any way but yours is a very demanding field. I'm looking at used and refurbished Inspire 2 units and am considering the option. Greg of Pilot Institute just predicted about a $3600 price tag for the M3P and for very close to that I can get into an Inspire 2 and x5 camera. I haven't seen any specs on the two longer focal length cameras on the M3P but I can't believe they will be anything close to an MFT sensor. Even the zoom lens on the M3 does not create an image I would include in anything I produce. For my productions I can squeak by with the image off the main camera of the M3 or Classic but that is the lower limit. For marketing footage I think Aris, Red, video and Nikon D850, comparable Canon for stills. When it comes to marketing, customers don't understand the cost involved in the images they see on the Godbox and that sets their standards. Having said that I've seen a number of deplorable ads on the Godbox so maybe I'm just misguided.

You sound like a photographer.
I'd have thought you know what a zoom lens is.
There are no zoom lenses on the Mavic 3.
Oh my. A poor choice of words I guess. DJI calls it Their Tele Camera 28x Hybrid Zoom. Please be so kind as to forgive me for my poor choice of descriptor. I will probably not bother to be more correct in my future writings so please make that forgiveness global. And no, I don't identify as a photographer or a videographer or anything related. I just happen to like all kinds of cameras..... a lot.

Reactions: moldorf

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet