DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro Released with new FW Released as well

Clearly DJI does release the SDK files for their other models so I see no logic in holding back on the Mavic 3, except, this is their Flagship Consumer offering and has and is still being updated with new abilities via FW updates.
They did in the past, but now are concentrating on their more extensive Enterprise range for commercial users rather than let them use consumer models with 3rd party software.

Already know it will not have an SDK.But if it has a super three camera system,
that will far outshine an SDK for this new model.
That works great for you if that’s the highlight.
The SDK still takes top priorities for me… a M3 Cine purchased early would be a lot more useful with the SDK… I wouldn’t have purchased the M3 Cine if up Ft knew SDK wouldn’t release.

Adding a 3rd Camera is very nice, but SDK would be a requirement. Getting off the “Fly app” and using far more capable 3rd party Apps provides a great enhancement for some flight missions.

Reactions: redserv
Reactions: 3rdof5
That price with the RC Pro controller isn't unreasonable. I'd love to see the price for this drone without that controller since I already have the RC Pro.
Well considering the RC Pro goes for around $1000.00 that's still $2600 for a Mavic 3 with just a 3rd camera added. Abit high IMO.

I hope it IS $4k+ considering I just purchased an M3 last November and would hate to think another (better) drone would be available in the the same neighborhood of cost as the M3. That would not be a positive move for DJI. But it appears thats not the case.. This new drone might be competing with the Cini, maybe? But even so, why? That M3C isn't old, either. Not sure where this new drone will fit in..

Looks like it's going to be announced on the 25th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230420_082544_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230420_082544_Chrome.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes