DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 sudden disconnects.

shb

Reactions
A few weeks ago I was flying my Mavic 3. It had 4 bars signal strength. Suddenly it disconnect, with no warning. When it reconnected, it was returning to home. I reported this to DJI. After investigating it, this was their reply:

"we checked your flight records, the connection issue is related to antenna placement and environment. If the antenna's position is not correct, the drone may be losing the remote controller's signal; if there were obstacles or interference, disconnection may happen.
Please try to adjust the antennas, or change the environment."

I considered that wrong, because it wouldn't go from 4 bars, to disconnected, instantly. I didn't drop the controller or anything.

So yesterday, I was flying with 5 bars. Same thing happened. When it was returning to home, I got a vision system error warning too.
So I've contacted DJI again. I'm worried that I could end up losing my drone, if this problem isn't solved.
Days before the first disconnect, I bought a new battery from a ecommerce site in the Philippines. The first incident happened with this battery. But I sent DJI the sn, and they said it was an authentic battery.

This is what I'm talking about. Even if you've never seen this happen, posting that would be helpful to me. Thanks

You are clearly flying behind buildings and losing the necessary LOS to maintain signal. Maintain LOS and you won't have any such problems! You need to fly above and over any intervening buildings, not behind them.

Reactions: zeusfl
I also learnt some very cool stuff about the Fresnel Effect which you can find in this recent post

also worth a google search...

You are clearly flying behind buildings and losing the necessary LOS to maintain signal. Maintain LOS and you won't have any such problems! You need to fly above and over any intervening buildings, not behind them.
After your comment I watched the video again. It looks like the disconnect was caused by that big hotel obstructing my LOS. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
After your comment I watched the video again. It looks like the disconnect was caused by that big hotel obstructing my LOS. Thanks for your help.
Keep VLOS always and avoid flying over traffic. I am not sure if you are in Pakistan and how are the regulations there but fly safe.

A few weeks ago I was flying my Mavic 3. It had 4 bars signal strength. Suddenly it disconnect, with no warning. When it reconnected, it was returning to home. I reported this to DJI. After investigating it, this was their reply:

"we checked your flight records, the connection issue is related to antenna placement and environment. If the antenna's position is not correct, the drone may be losing the remote controller's signal; if there were obstacles or interference, disconnection may happen.
Please try to adjust the antennas, or change the environment."

I considered that wrong, because it wouldn't go from 4 bars, to disconnected, instantly. I didn't drop the controller or anything.

So yesterday, I was flying with 5 bars. Same thing happened. When it was returning to home, I got a vision system error warning too.
So I've contacted DJI again. I'm worried that I could end up losing my drone, if this problem isn't solved.
Days before the first disconnect, I bought a new battery from a ecommerce site in the Philippines. The first incident happened with this battery. But I sent DJI the sn, and they said it was an authentic battery.
Flying my Air 2S directly overhead at 335 AGL. Was hovering while waiting for sunrise to change. Had 100% signal strength on RC Pro. Suddenly received error message that video lost and then instantly RC connection lost completely. Could not reconnect and RTH was 20 feet off from home. Care Refresh back to DJI. I did not think to turn RC off and back on. I have never had a RTH miss by more than a foot or so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore