DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 very expensive

I do believe it is a matter of perspective. I have encouraged my wife to pursue her long term hobby of quilting. Long story short she has a two different machines for her hobby that combined are just over $30K US, So if I were to suggest that it might be nice to have say, oh I don't know, the top of the line M3 for $4600 plus extra goodies to bump it up to about $7k it sure would seem like a real bargain compared to her pursuits. Just saying. Work smarter not harder to get that new drone you have been wanting........

Reactions: smashse
I have been waiting for the release of the Mavic 3 BUT after seeing the prices that were posted today
I am not sure I am even interested any longer......if these prices are right on I really think that DJI is
biting themselves in the butt. When I got the Mavic Pro 2 and spent over $2,400.00 I thought that was crazy BUT I have really enjoyed the Mavic Pro2 as it produces great video and photos. Now I was expecting a price increase BUT not as much that has been posted. I guess I will have to wait and see.
Considering the cost of the drones (Pro and Zoom) this model intends to replace, I don't think, even if these prices are correct, for the base and fly more packages, for what you are getting, that its that far out of bounds.. specially if it lives up to whatever hype it gets and features we don't know about yet in detail because "its not released".

Last edited:
If DJI can sell the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced with a smart controller for $6,500, though a different purpose drone, I can still see why the new Mavic 3 Cine with new controller would really cost more than $4,500.
WQnUUDd.jpg

Anybody who will be buying the Fly More combo ($2,799 plus tax is approximately $3,000!) with the stand alone version 2 of the SC would end up spending close to $4,000. I am sure the new remote would be more than the old remote that was $750. Then add the cost of DJI refresh which may be $200 for this drone. Yeah, the total out the door price would be my random guess of about $4,000 for this drone.
Mavic 3 Fly More plus tax = $3,000
Smart Controller Pro = $800 ????
DJI refresh (must buy!) = $200 ???
TOTAL estimate out the door would be right at about $4,000!

Or you can buy Mavic 3 Cine at $4,649 plus tax plus DJI Refresh which is approximately $5,140 out the door!

Get your wallets ready. This drone will truly be expensive.

You don’t need to buy the latest and greatest every time a new model is released. Price will reflect what tech is added and it seems microchips are hard to come by these days. And shipping cost around the world has increased a lot lately.
Companies don’t sell products to break even.
I’ll stick to my M2P. At least there’s other models still available. Just buy according to what you need and is able to afford. Resist FOMO.

You know what worries me? That this attitude of justifying the retail price of a product by consumers is what tells a company they can keep raising it… since people will pay for it regardless, and even excuse it, saving them the trouble.

Why sell cheap if your userbase will just go the “shut up and take my money“ way?

Reactions: Aumoe and FL AV8R
Why sell cheap if your userbase will just go the “shut up and take my money“ way?

Very common for market leaders (or those with exclusive products) to sell at a price that the market will bear.
They've had a few prosumer drones to test the waters now, so have probably pegged price to max the profit.

A little different to most Chinese manufacturers, who will be happy to sell to the masses for 10% or 15% margins.

You don’t need to buy the latest and greatest every time a new model is released. Price will reflect what tech is added and it seems microchips are hard to come by these days. And shipping cost around the world has increased a lot lately.
Companies don’t sell products to break even.
I’ll stick to my M2P. At least there’s other models still available. Just buy according to what you need and is able to afford. Resist FOMO.
I do agree with you. However, for guys like me, who have been resisting the urge to buy M2P for years and squeezing all they could from their older drones (M1P in my case), this does not necessarily sound too bad. The $1500 I could have and haven't spent in M2P (I am sure a great drone) make buying the M3 more justifiable.

In Europe the prices are 2150, 2900 and 4800 euros! I asked a guy who owns two DJI stores and confirmed this.
Did you get a chance to ask him about a certification and the final take off weight (< 900 g)?
The silence of DJI tells that there is none ...

The real question is “does the base model come with the smart controller”? I might be okay with the base initially if that is the case

The base model definitely will not come with the SC and the leaks support that. The Mavic 2 series was the same way. They might release more SKUs in the future beyond the Cine combo that does include it without all the other extras (they did that for the M2) but we'll have to wait and see.

Very common for market leaders (or those with exclusive products) to sell at a price that the market will bear.
They've had a few prosumer drones to test the waters now, so have probably pegged price to max the profit.

A little different to most Chinese manufacturers, who will be happy to sell to the masses for 10% or 15% margins.
True. But why do we justify it? We are consumers. If we don’t do them the favour of allowing them to inflate prices, then it should drop and benefit us all.

Wouldn’t it be cool to be able to get them al a lower price?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
So far the complete package is around 6,300 Australian. I can afford that but it would be eating into my pension. I am not prepared to spend that kind of money, no matter how good it is. I may change my mind, but I don't think so.
DJI are reading what you are saying, here and elsewhere, because it is their business to do so. They are probably firming up the final pricing. I just hope it is a lot less than the above speculations.

I do believe it is a matter of perspective. I have encouraged my wife to pursue her long term hobby of quilting. Long story short she has a two different machines for her hobby that combined are just over $30K US, So if I were to suggest that it might be nice to have say, oh I don't know, the top of the line M3 for $4600 plus extra goodies to bump it up to about $7k it sure would seem like a real bargain compared to her pursuits. Just saying. Work smarter not harder to get that new drone you have been wanting........
Also, consider the fact that you could have a nice Inspire 2 with a bunch of extra goodies for 7k...

Reactions: Rudiger
That very high price for the Mavic 3 Cine might be true based on all what the Cine package comes with such as 1 TB of internal storage and Apple ProRes. Just Google these 2 things and see how much DJI is selling them for on their website.

So, let me give you my random guess with a few price guesses for you to see what I mean. I will try to guess on the low end than high side.

Here below are the list of some of the things the M3 Cine package comes with. I have left out some more stuff that you can add to this list and so add to this price which may make this package even more expensive. But these are just the few I can list that seem to make the price that high, but remember these are just my random guesses on prices and I try to stay on the low end. Also, remember I have not listed a few other things that comes in the package that could add to this price.

So, my guess on why the M3 Cine Package may be that expensive;

DJI Mavic 3 = $1,600
DJI Pro Smart Controller 2= $750
8 DJI ND filters $100
2 extra batteries = $250
DJI CineSSD 1TB = $1,600
Apple ProRes = $500

TOTAL = $4,600

The price above is my guess on the low end of prices. Then imagine if you add all of the other accessories coming with this package and then still guess on the low end. Maybe it seems to justify why the M3 Cine might be a package that would cost above $4,500, when tax is added to the package at checkout.

What do you guys think?
gCUQZin.jpg

don't need Apple ProRES nor I need a 1 TB drive. And the smart controller is debatable. Just a shame that I already have a smart controller that I cannot use with a M3

Has anyone actually seen something that suggests the M3 is not compatible with the SCv1?

The Air 2S has Occusync 3.0 and works with the SCv1.

Reactions: Korrd
Has anyone actually seen something that suggests the M3 is not compatible with the SCv1?

The Air 2S has Occusync 3.0 and works with the SCv1.
The sources that I've talked to none of them have been able to give me a definite answer. Like I've been trying to find out if it also has a ADS-B out but still waiting on an answer.

Reactions: CanadaDrone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown