DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 very expensive

Will this comply with the Remote ID requirement or is that something you might have to deal with a couple of years later?

Also there might be some regulations in the EU that drones have to comply with in a year or two.

If the Mavic 3 doesn't comply with some of these near-future regulations, then the price becomes even a bigger issue.

If the Mavic 3 doesn't comply with some of these near-future regulations, then the price becomes even a bigger issue.
That's what I tried to explain here for several times.
Given the price and the uncertain situation if the drone fully complies to the C label/mark, it's just waste of money probably starting 2023.

That's what I tried to explain here for several times.
Given the price and the uncertain situation if the drone fully complies to the C label/mark, it's just waste of money probably starting 2023.
For me, that's a selling feature. I won't be using RID so the last drone I buy will be the last model without it built in...or without it being easy to disable.

Reactions: Corsair415
From the beginning, I've heard 7x optical zoom. If it's fixed focus, the question is, 7X what? The other camera? I doubt switching from one camera to the other will be a seamless transition or the colors will looks the same or even the exact same framing. At this point, I'm DEFINITELY waiting awhile before buying...and seriously considering other companies.
From what the rumours are showing it's not an optical zoom otherwise I'd expect it to be one large camera module, not two. I'd expect they're measuring the 'zoom' as the focal length from one camera to the focal length of the other which is how the mobile phone companies are doing it although some of them do have zoom lenses as well. I can see the idea of effectively merging the Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro together although using the term zoom is misleading since as you say there isn't a zoom, it's a wide angle large sensor camera and a telephoto small sensor camera.

Reactions: thispilothere
From what the rumours are showing it's not an optical zoom otherwise I'd expect it to be one large camera module, not two.
For me optical zoom (or interchangeable lenses) would be a critical selling point. There's a huge difference in a long lens and a crop of a wide lens - even if both images include the exact same framing and result in the exact same resolution, dynamic range and color depth. (I know most on here know this but some don't.)

Similarly, the ability with vid to do a dynamic zoom or pull focus.

I guess we'll know in a couple of weeks.

Given the fact that the battery is rear mounted, I wonder if this drone would be rain resistant as well...

It does not sound too far fetched, given that motors, gimbals, etc are quite sturdy already, and historically, the battery has been the weak spot in that respect.

If DJI can sell the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced with a smart controller for $6,500, though a different purpose drone, I can still see why the new Mavic 3 Cine with new controller would really cost more than $4,500.
WQnUUDd.jpg

Anybody who will be buying the Fly More combo ($2,799 plus tax is approximately $3,000!) with the stand alone version 2 of the SC would end up spending close to $4,000. I am sure the new remote would be more than the old remote that was $750. Then add the cost of DJI refresh which may be $200 for this drone. Yeah, the total out the door price would be my random guess of about $4,000 for this drone.
Mavic 3 Fly More plus tax = $3,000
Smart Controller Pro = $800 ????
DJI refresh (must buy!) = $200 ???
TOTAL estimate out the door would be right at about $4,000!

Or you can buy Mavic 3 Cine at $4,649 plus tax plus DJI Refresh which is approximately $5,140 out the door!

Get your wallets ready. This drone will truly be expensive.
You mean get your plastic ready

If this is true and seems to be true it is very expensive.
I do not think I am prepared to buy even at the base configuration.
And if there is only, say one battery it would be very limited even at 40 min flight time.
Mavic 3 retail price confirmed. Higher than we anticipated.
I was all in, even had a secret slush fund. I'm cooled off now, I can assure you. Itr will be interesting to see the evaluations but for me, I think I'll pass. I have a Mavic 2 Pro. I think it's just fine.

Reactions: Hiwayman
I was all in, even had a secret slush fund. I'm cooled off now, I can assure you. Itr will be interesting to see the evaluations but for me, I think I'll pass. I have a Mavic 2 Pro. I think it's just fine.
M2P is awesome. I had mine for 3 years, but just sold it like almost 3 weeks ago along with my smart controller. I am so ready for the M3P.

You say this now, but knowing how you love your M2P, I can see you on November 5th pulling out your card, sitting infront of your computer and placing your order for the M3P. I am sure you would love it too.

M2P is awesome. I had mine for 3 years, but just sold it like almost 3 weeks ago along with my smart controller. I am so ready for the M3P.

You say this now, but knowing how you love your M2P, I can see you on November 5th pulling out your card, sitting infront of your computer and placing your order for the M3P. I am sure you would love it too.
i just think i am going wait for reviews, there are so many drones coming out I want to see a comparison honestly.

I am worried about supply and demand, but with the price point and drones not being tied crypto like graphics cards I'm hoping these don't get into a scalper situation.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Given the fact that the battery is rear mounted, I wonder if this drone would be rain resistant as well...

It does not sound too far fetched, given that motors, gimbals, etc are quite sturdy already, and historically, the battery has been the weak spot in that respect.

I'm hoping this is the case also. Drone motors are already waterproof and will run underwater, its mostly the battery area that needs attention so hopefully this is it.

As a veteran of the Computer/iPhone Upgrade Hype wars…I just don’t see the urgency to buy this incremental upgrade. We have 3 practically new DJI Drones…M2Pro, M2S, and M2Air…and two Smart Controllers. This M3 appears to offer Occusync3 which may/may not be worth it, and MAYBE a few extra minutes of flight time. For me personally, it’s not a worthwhile upgrade.

We can all come up with reasons as to why to upgrade or not..

If your sporting a Mavic Pro, and love it, thats great, but eventually, unless you are really careful, your going to wind up with a spendy bird that may not fly anymore because unless you have an SC, some future software or hardware upgrade is going to break "Go 4", it just seems inevitable and DJI is probably not going to fix it after 3-4+ years.. Plus other issues potentially supporting a drone that a few years older if you need repairs, that might not be an issue, but its not going to be cheap

On the other hand, if the new Mavic 3 (if that's what is really going to be called when it ships), the bazillion of YouTube reviews make it look super great, then you can decide whether your upgrading.. Course there will always be some YouTuber that doesn't like it, thats inevitable too, so everyone that is "pondering" maybe getting one, has to look at those positive reviews that show off everything you might like to do when you fly, along with perhaps great video and photos..

Time will tell, the release should be getting closer..

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
As a veteran of the Computer/iPhone Upgrade Hype wars…I just don’t see the urgency to buy this incremental upgrade. We have 3 practically new DJI Drones…M2Pro, M2S, and M2Air…and two Smart Controllers. This M3 appears to offer Occusync3 which may/may not be worth it, and MAYBE a few extra minutes of flight time. For me personally, it’s not a worthwhile upgrade.
I hear your words and appreciate a slow-down of expectations.
Personally, I don't seek new flight time records, range tests, etc. for the new M3.

I don't even really care about the video so much but for the sensor and pictures.
If the quality rises significantly in terms of low light, noise, etc. I might really get tempted.

That said, the flight capabilities are just a necessity to me to get the camera airborne.
And coming from the M2P, we already have a very capable camera and drone, which is also fun to fly even if no pictures arise. Most likely the M3 will perform better in every aspect but we will see by how much in picture terms. And, considering the price tag, I am certainly going to wait for some honest reviews even if that means to get put on the waiting list (and saving some money in between).

I sold my m2p because of noise levels in the shadows. Interested to see how the m3 does…
Had you tried any of the noise removal techniques/programs before ditching your M2p for that reason? The Neat Video plugin does an excellent job of removing noise and maintaining sharpness. Davinci Resolves has noise removal ability without 3rd party plugin.

DJI seems to know a lot about marketing which has been part of their huge success. Don't want to spend $2500+ for our new drone? Buy the Air2S. What they know is that there will be some demand for the M3 and they are not shy about building in substantial margin for features, not unlike Apple. I'm sure that they looked at the fleet margin and did a dollar-cost-averaging of margin with projected sales and/or perhaps approached this like car companies, with huge price jumps for features that cost little to produce, or will simply produce higher margin with the customer who doesn't care about price. I'm sure DJI is very sophisticated.

The other thing now is transportation costs. Prior to transportation issues in the US, a container from China to USA was about $2000. Now it is $20,000. I'm sure their distribution doesn't have the same volume as a Walmart or Target where they can charter their own ships, and one has to believe that shipping costs are built in. I wouldn't be surprised if you see a price increase in existing models and believe that subsequent models will have a higher bump than previous upgrades. JMO

I could care less if the camera was crappy. I just want to go 10 miles and have enough battery power to make it there and back

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying