DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Wide Angle Lens

That waterfall shot is nice. I haven't been to Iceland but it's a pretty large waterfall isn't it?

You often see waterfalls which are maybe 5-10 feet wide only. That's what I was referring to.

Those animals from above look okay. Are you allowed to fly over them though? Looks like some African reserve?

Does anyone actually HAVE the Wide angle adapter lens? It has a status of "coming soon" everywhere, and I canceled my order through Moment, the only place that discounted it from $179 to $149, but never actually got it.

Promised for "late November", then "early December" then "Late December" then January, I gave up.. a good deal is only good if the product materializes.

Amazon shows "out of Stock", others show "Pre-order" some with vague "Arriving in January"

I was (am) very interested in the creative potential of a really wide perspective from the M3. But this thing is more vaporware than product.

If anyone know where these actually exist for purchase I would be grateful to learn where that might be. For now, it's like Autel announced it, lol!
Last night after receiving the email it was available on DJI's website with limited availability. I had it in cart then backed out because I would like to see a few examples first. Today it shows out of stock already, the story of my life!

A lucky user in China already purchased both DJI & Case wide angle lens, and shared some comparison photos between the two. You can use Google translate to read his entire post.

Summary:

1) DJI's wide angle lens has better craftsmanship.
2) Case's wide angle lens is slightly wider.
3) Based on the comparison photos, it looks like the photo captured with Case's lens has a slight red color cast. DJI's color reproduction is more accurate IMO.

Reactions: Glhs958
Interesting- and good info. There is some barrel distortion but seems manageable. Sure would love to see some exterior landscape examples with and without the DJI WA adapter.

Hopefully this means that those of us who ordered them at the announcement will have them soon.

Not sure if anyone in the US were able to get a hold of this yet but I had ordered mine from shopmoment very early on. It was slated to ship on December 27th. Just got a notification that it won't ship until January 17th. Won't be surprised if it gets pushed back again. I've been doing some research and there already seems to be 3rd party wide angle adapters that is the quarter of the price of the DJI version. Not sure about quality though but I even question DJI's version. Anyone know if the lens is plastic or glass?

New video from China, comparing the original DJI wide angle lens to the standard 24mm lens.

Last night after receiving the email it was available on DJI's website with limited availability. I had it in cart then backed out because I would like to see a few examples first. Today it shows out of stock already, the story of my life!
I signed up for a notification for when the wide angle lens is available. I am bumped I did not get notified about it being available. I would have placed an order.

I wonder when next it will be available.

I signed up for a notification for when the wide angle lens is available.
I did that as well again and I will have to be a little quicker this time and not drag my feet when I get notified. This seems to be a hot item in very low quantities when they do get them.

I signed up for a notification for when the wide angle lens is available. I am bumped I did not get notified about it being available. I would have placed an order.

I wonder when next it will be available.

I got the notification a few days ago and they were out of stock immediately.

Wow, they went fast. I guess I was lucky. The lens just arrived and here's a couple of quick shots I took to show the difference. It's not dramatic, but if someday you're shooting something up close, and you wish that tree was just 5-10 feet further back....now you can get the shot.

Standard.jpegWide Angle.jpeg

Wow, they went fast. I guess I was lucky. The lens just arrived and here's a couple of quick shots I took to show the difference. It's not dramatic, but if someday you're shooting something up close, and you wish that tree was just 5-10 feet further back....now you can get the shot.

View attachment 141849View attachment 141850
Anything more dramatic than that will look like fish eye and also have distortions and possible vignetting. Looks good to me

View attachment 141849View attachment 141850

The difference between standard and wide angle lens (24mm v.s. 15.5mm) is actually quite dramatic, once you applied some distortion correction. I can see a few scenarios this lens came in handy.

I hope DJI adds lens correction data in RAW file for wide angle lens in future firmware update. DJI is currently aware of this as a feature request.

wideAngle.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jonatious
Suppose those interested might have seen Vic Moss post re this subject recently ?

Mavic 3 wide lens is back in stock now on DJI's website. I was going to order immediately, but!

Well, I need to talk to them to give me a credit for ordering the Fly More Combo and the RC Pro. So I can use the credit to get an additional discount on this lens.

Already sold out again. UGH!
Wow, that was fast! Well, I want to get some extra credits before I buy it.

Can anybody please tell me the best way to contact DJI for credit because I bought the Fly More Combo and also bought the RC Pro? How do we go on about getting the credit? Do we call or email? What email address?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc