DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 - Will You Upgrade?

I don't mean to be combative here, but lack of features like GPS stability and something beyond a 10-minute flight time for which you have to carry around a bag of batteries would be more "primitive". That would be more your great-grandfather's drone. And hey, I'm sure FPV's a lot of fun. I just don't feel inclined to go through the (to me) hassle and rebuilding and soldering and such. Although I'd do that before shelling out $1300 for the DJI FPV kit.

Would I be interested in the "Mavic 3" or whatever? Yes, depending on the cost and if the "while using this you can't do that" sort of limitations in the Air 2S are ironed out. Until then I'm quite happy with the MA2.
Hi...yes battery management is a PITA, but doable. Honestly, how fast these things fly, having more than 5 minutes of flight time is exhausting because of the intensity of heightened awareness...the whole thing is an adrenaline rush. The pilot has to pay exacting attention ALL OF THE TIME. There is no hover.
I still fly my Mavic Zoom, and enjoy it for what it is.
It may be that because I play the drums the Mavic products in and of themselves don't just cut it for me, but I do appreciate their capabilities.

Last edited:
Hi...yes battery management is a PITA, but doable. Honestly, how fast these things fly, having more than 5 minutes of flight time is exhausting because of the intensity of heightened awareness...the whole thing is an adrenaline rush.
I still fly my Mavic Zoom, and enjoy it for what it is.
It may be that because I play the drums the Mavic products in and of themselves don't just cut it for me, but I do appreciate their capabilities.
Well yeah they each have their advantages and joys and whatnot. FPV looks like a load of out-of-body type fun, if someone else would do all the work for me to keep it in the air. :D

Well yeah they each have their advantages and joys and whatnot. FPV looks like a load of out-of-body type fun, if someone else would do all the work for me to keep it in the air. :D
IKR...it has a HUGE learning curve, and if you hang in there (simulator, and massivive semiconductor study a must), it's worth it.

I don't fly my drone for flight "fun", it's the output which interests me (photography, occasionally video, orthophotography, panoramas, timelapse etc.). The drone is just a tool for getting a camera in the sky.
That's great. Others feel differently...but I don't see how you can't get any fun from steering that little thing around in the sky hundreds of feet above you.

6 months ago I would have said yes. Now it's a don't know. I only fly as a hobby, and haven't used all the functions on my current Mavic 2. Right now I'd say I'll keep the Mavic 2 for 150M+ and add a Mini 2 to go in closer.

Or I might upgrade depending on cost, if it has C2 marking and if I feel flush that month!

Without a doubt, yes! I fully enjoy my MPP but want something more current and not interested in the Air series so much. I will say if I knew how delayed the 3 was going to be I might have purchased a 2 last year, but at this point I will just wait for the 3. I plan to keep the MPP as a back-up if ever needed or to teach my son as get gets older as well.