DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3

Svend51

Reactions
Hi DJI

i have a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mini2 – VERY good drones, and as I know (?) a Mavic 3 is coming soon, I have a few questions concerning the new rules in the EU. Will the Mavic 3 be C-marked to meet the new rules from the beginning of 2021? Otherwise I’ll have to look at other options like Sonny, Autel or Hubsan, as it would make no sense to buy a none c-marked drone because the so called legacy-drones will “die” at the end of 2022.
I have “pre ordered” a mavic 3 at my dealer (droner.dk) on the condition that it will be c-marked, but they say, they don’t know if DJI will meet the demands. What’s your plans?

@Svend51 i like you will not be purchasing a heavier than 250g drone ,unless it has the c mark rating on it ,and it meets the new rules from 2022, i am hoping my MPP will still be flying till then

Reactions: NG Wildman
I have “pre ordered” a mavic 3 at my dealer (droner.dk) on the condition that it will be c-marked, but they say, they don’t know if DJI will meet the demands. What’s your plans?
I almost think the fact that you were able to "pre-order" a 'Mavic 3' (whatever it may turn out to be) is interesting to say the least. And your asking if it will be C-marked? Does this dealer you are buying from know something the public, in general, doesn't? The threads we have going here are still speculative as of a release date. Did the dealer give you an idea of when they think they will be getting this new DJI Drone for sale? I keep reading the Month of October (maybe). Please respond, Thanks.

I almost think the fact that you were able to "pre-order" a 'Mavic 3' (whatever it may turn out to be) is interesting to say the least. And your asking if it will be C-marked? Does this dealer you are buying from know something the public, in general, doesn't? The threads we have going here are still speculative as of a release date. Did the dealer give you an idea of when they think they will be getting this new DJI Drone for sale? I keep reading the Month of October (maybe). Please respond, Thanks.

"Pre-order" in this case almost certainly means putting their name on a list with the option of bailing when the product ships, and if it doesn't ship it's all moot anyway. The dealer probably doesn't know anything more than we do at this stage, and that isn't going to change unless DJI ships them any promo materials and/or any initial stock ahead of a launch. If you're confident you're probably going to buy the product, then it's a good way to get near the front of the queue and hopefully ahead of any scalpers that are only going to try and quickly resell at a profit.

To answer OP's question though, I'm in no particular rush as my M2P is still doing all I need and so I'm not likely to preorder before I get to see whether the official specs have some "must have" functionality in them, but no C-Mark definitely means "no sale" for me. Then again, if DJI actually does ship a Mavic 3 without the C-Mark, it may well mean the scheme is dead in the water or will be pushed back a few more years; it's already been delayed and amended, and legislating to make expensive electronic devices semi-obsolete within a year opens them up to ridicule regarding the implications for the EU's attempts to cut back on e-waste.

@Svend51 i like you will not be purchasing a heavier than 250g drone ,unless it has the c mark rating on it ,and it meets the new rules from 2022, i am hoping my MPP will still be flying till then
OMM will non marked drones be grounded after the 2022 changes or can we still fly as legacy devices?

As I’m sure you have noticed that I used quotation marks, meaning that of course I haven’t pre-ordered anything – just asked my dealer to send a mail, when something happens concerning the Mavic 3.

@PhiliusFoggg so called legacy drones even if you have the A2C of C will after the end of 2022 have a very limited area of operation , so no closer to anything or anyone than150m no overflying traffic or people ,so basically because you can only fly to a legal max of 120m, its going to be virtually impossible to fly anywhere other than out in the wilds ,well away from anything or anyone with these drones, of course nothing will happen to you or your drone, unless you are reported by a third party to the police ,who have the power to issue legal proceedings against you if they decide the offence warrants it, and of course if news of your non compliance, was investigated by the CAA ,they have the power to cancel any additional qualifications you may have obtained,such as your A2CofC or GVC if applicable these rules do not apply to drones under 250g at the moment

@PhiliusFoggg so called legacy drones even if you have the A2C of C will after the end of 2022 have a very limited area of operation , so no closer to anything or anyone than150m no overflying traffic or people ,so basically because you can only fly to a legal max of 120m,

Thanks.
Uuuum ........bad words!
Question, the 120m you mention, is that height or distance?
Being honest flying out in the wilds would be my preference so that aspect is not too bad for me ditto a 120m ceiling if it is AGL but a 120m distance limit would be a killer.
I wonder if that is why there are so many M2P/Z on ebay.
You could barely get a sea cliff etc. 'in frame' at that.

Reactions: old man mavic
yes i was referring to height when i said 120m so even if you were at 120m you could not fly over anything or anyone as you would be inside the 150m distance you are supposed to keep from all things

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31