DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3E Mapping vs Drone Deploy

DFS

Reactions
I just received my Mavic 3E with RTK. I was wondering what mapping app is better, the built in Mapping on the RC Pro or Drone Deploy? Will I still be better off using drone deploy or is the internal mapping app better?

Drone Deploy does not support RTK yet. The Pilot 2 built in app works well and supports RTK and can be used to create images to import to Drone Deploy easily.
Oh yes you are correct, I just read it. That sucks. It says that RTK for Drone Deploy might come out this month. I guess I'll use the DJI Pilot 2 app, hopefully it's just as good as the Drone Deploy for fly and capture. What is your experience with DJI Pilot 2 app for fly and capture, is it as good and reliable as Drone Deploy?

My experience with the Pilot 2 app is that it has functioned better than the Drone Deploy app ever functioned. For me, Pilot 2 has never missed a beat, never forgot where it left off at a battery change, and never hung or quit during flight. The Drone Deploy app had issues regularly. I do look forward to what Drone Deploy comes up with but, if it is plagued with issues like before, I'll stick with Pilot 2.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
My experience with the Pilot 2 app is that it has functioned better than the Drone Deploy app ever functioned. For me, Pilot 2 has never missed a beat, never forgot where it left off at a battery change, and never hung or quit during flight. The Drone Deploy app had issues regularly. I do look forward to what Drone Deploy comes up with but, if it is plagued with issues like before, I'll stick with Pilot 2.
That is really great to know, thank you for the information.

My issue with Pilot2 is not being able to plan a map on the PC. I find it very frustrating to tweak details on the RC.

My issue with the DroneDeploy app is I will need a more expensive plan because it only supports their own NTRIP service. ( I am still grandfathered on the old $99 plan!)

I think you are looking at the Drone Deploy beta stuff. I spoke to Drone Deploy and they said that pricing for DD has yet to be determined for RTK service. I was pretty upset by the whole thing because their NTRIP service is the same NTRIP service I get for free in CA. I was told RTK would be available by March so we should know more shortly. If they try to screw me, Pix4D here I come.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo