DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Mavic Air 2 Active Track while Trail Running! Awesome skills

I don’t have the testicular mass nor complete trust in the Active Tracking feature. However it looks like it is being refined and doing a pretty good job for you!

I don't trust if fully mostly when dealing with trees but generally it's doing a great job. I discovered I could disable lateral movements with makes it easier to avoid crashes. Will probably keep testing until it fails :)

Nice! Got into a couple of spots where it had to make a few more decisions to get around different things, but overall, it did well.

Reactions: flyrunner
Here's my latest test of active track this time while running on trails! I have made the same for MTB and Hiking. Check my channel and subscribe if you enjoy!

Do you need to have to remote on your body for the active track to follow you? And if not what is the max range from the drone to the remote?

Do you need to have to remote on your body for the active track to follow you? And if not what is the max range from the drone to the remote?
No you don't. The active track uses the camera. The max range is the same when using the drone and you have the remote in your hands. If perfect scenario 10km but I don't recommend it. If the drone loses you it will be hovering, landing ou going back to start with nothing you can do about it.

Thanks for the info. I was worried to test it on one of my runs and lose the drone.

Thanks for the info. I was worried to test it on one of my runs and lose the drone.
I used a small running back bag where I placed the remote without the sticks. If the are natural obstacles like trees disable side movement (because there are no lateral obstacle avoidance) and use the follow from the back mode.

All my active track tests are on youtube and I got some really scary moments but it never crashed or hit anything. Will be doing some more videos soon!

I'll definitely have to check it your YouTube page.. Didn't see a link. I've got a hydration vest that should house my remote.

Reactions: flyrunner
I created an online MousePad store with my drone photos. Please check it out if you would like to have some drone views at your computer desk 😊

ArCritico | Etsy

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000