DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 ADS-B Canada

Hindsight being what it is when a sweet new hardware update comes out three months after dropping money on an expensive toy, nope. Definitely MA2, bought in January, shipped to Canada with ADS-B.
Thanks for reply. Sorry for all the questions but does it have ADS-B markings and you have tested or at least have the ADS-B option in the FLY app?

Thanks for reply. Sorry for all the questions but does it have ADS-B markings and you have tested or at least have the ADS-B option in the FLY app?
Yes yes and yes. Marker on the arm, have observed in Fly.

I fly professionally for construction projects in mostly urban environments (normally an M2P/M210), even though this AC is more for personal use I've appreciated having ADS-B activated on more than one occasion. It's a shame that it sounds like they're picking and choosing who gets it.

Reactions: PAYBACK
Yes yes and yes. Marker on the arm, have observed in Fly.

I fly professionally for construction projects in mostly urban environments (normally an M2P/M210), even though this AC is more for personal use I've appreciated having ADS-B activated on more than one occasion. It's a shame that it sounds like they're picking and choosing who gets it.
In South Africa we get CE model and the unit I have is the 3W unit with ADS-B hardware. We also have legislation that promotes use of ADS-B but because of DJI's lies/misinformation I'm not able to use the feature I paid for. Most frustrating.

• Sad
Reactions: MrHawkeye
I thought for sure Canada has delayed implementation of ADS-B.

It'll never be a replacement for being aware of the skies around you but in my experience it's always lit up when larger aircraft or flights for airlines that operate out of our main airport pass by. Chances that smaller private aircraft or helicopters will be equipped are obviously much lower though. Unfortunately.

Reactions: PAYBACK
I've had once instance of the ADS-B working here in Canada, most small aircraft simply don't have the transponder in the aeas in which i fly, but I did get one "hit" one day... so I know it works. Another user here has also confirmed in the Ottawa area. I have about 150 flights on the Air 2, so its really not a useful feature for us here, just yet, as the industry folks here don't like the cost of installing the transponders... as others have linked to and mentioned. Its best to check the skies and listen...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000