DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Flyaway

JRPhoto513

Reactions
Did a little night time fly about 6 pm yesterday. When flying the mavic back to me it was flying in a straight line also in line of sight only about the 200 feet away.

Then the dji fly app came up with 2 errors. Max power reached and motor error. At this point the drone went from straight line flying right back to me to spiraling out of control diagonally downwards. The spiraling started at the red circle in the attached pic.

Any ideas?

Battery life was about 40% at the time.

Account name is JR Photography 513

Attachments

• 20221129_205049.jpg
    20221129_205049.jpg
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 101

slup

Reactions
Yep ... it was most probably a loss of thrust from one of the 4 corners, this due to either a failing motor or prop.

If you share your flight log stored in the mobile device you flew with we can tell you which corner.

Go here --> DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help and upload the log & come then back & share the link they provide (they tell you where to find the log there on the site also).

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
Based on the proximity to the red circle where you indicated it crashed in relation to the home point, I presume you recovered the drone. If so, I recommend you edit the title of the thread. It appears it didn't fly away, but just crashed.

maggior

Reactions
Is the homepoint shown accurate? It looks like the starting point of the flight was in the residential area to the right. I would guess it clipped one of the trees and killed a motor and/or prop causing a Max Power error.

FLDave

Reactions
With visual sighting you should have been able to observe the objects surrounding the drone. Based on visual observation how close was it to the trees?

GFields

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
digitalphotocreations.co
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

• Post your flight data to get help
  • Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
  • Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
  • That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
  • Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
You are also welcome to just post the txt file here.

Upload and view DJI Phantom, Mavic, and Spark flight logs online

@Meta4 and @slup are great at offering explanations from the data.

MA2 317

Spark 2017- 2021 MA2 2020 - ??
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Did a little night time fly about 6 pm yesterday. When flying the mavic back to me it was flying in a straight line also in line of sight only about the 200 feet away.

Then the dji fly app came up with 2 errors. Max power reached and motor error. At this point the drone went from straight line flying right back to me to spiraling out of control diagonally downwards. The spiraling started at the red circle in the attached pic.

Any ideas?

Battery life was about 40% at the time.

Account name is JR Photography 513

Hello from the Crossroads of America JRPhoto513

I think I see power lines running left to right in the red circle area of the photo. 🤔

Probably clipped a line.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
MavicHelp.com
I was thinking that too at first. I think they are on the other side of the street though. Whatever the case, there are definitely some obstacles in that location.

FLDave

Reactions
Since this was a visual line of sight flight at 200 feet away the OP should be able to tell what obstacles were present when the flight ended.

MA2 317

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Since this was a visual line of sight flight at 200 feet away the OP should be able to tell what obstacles were present when the flight ended.

It was dusk and power lines ( if any) may be tough to see, even during the day.

Reactions: GFields and maggior

PHZ

Reactions
Back when you had to get a ”daylight waiver” (to fly after civil twilight), it was strongly recommended (or required?), to scout your intended flight area in the daylight. Still a prudent practice.

MA2 317

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was thinking that too at first. I think they are on the other side of the street though. Whatever the case, there are definitely some obstacles in that location.

Found the location.

There's a set of power lines branching off the road running along the complex.

8.4 meters to feet = 28.

About the right height for wires or guy wires holding the poles.

December 1, 2022 124131 PM EST.png

Reactions: GFields

Don Testme

Reactions
Maybe it was a powerline strike. If the prop became damaged, the motor would likely spin up to it's max level in order to create lift, but no lift occurred. The motor then would create a max power error reading. Who knows. Just Guessing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Logando