DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 (just confirmed by FCC)

Some leaked details.. using DJI Fly app..

Aircraft

The DJITM MAVICTM Air 2 has a new foldable design and a camera with a fully stabilized triaxial stabilizer, which captures 4K videos and 48 megapixel photos. Exclusive DJI technologies, such as obstacle sensors and intelligent flight modes such as ActiveTrack 3.0, point of interest (PdI) 3.0, QuickShot and advanced pilot assistance 2.0 systems, make it easy to capture complex shots effortlessly. The Mavic Air 2 reaches a maximum flight speed of 68.4 km/h and a maximum flight time * of 34 minutes.

Front visual system
Propellers
Engines
Landing gears (integrated antennas)
Stabilizer and camera
Lower visual system
Auxiliary bottom light
Infrared detection system
USB-C input
Battery Buckles
Front LEDs
Aircraft status indicators
Rear visual system
Smart Flight Battery
Power button
Battery level LEDs
microSD card slot
Remote control

Integrated with the remote control, DJI’s OCUSYNCTM 2.0 long-range transmission technology offers a maximum transmission range of 8km and sends the videos captured by the aircraft to DJI Fly on your mobile device up to 1080p.

Power button
Flight mode switch
Flight pause/RTH button
Battery level LEDs
Control pins
Customizable button
Switch between photo and video
Remote control cable
Mobile device support
USB-C input
Pin storage compartment
Stabilizer button
Photos/recording button
How to download the DJI Fly app

Search for “DJI Fly” on the App Store or Google Play or scan the QR code to download the app on your mobile device.
Charging the batteries

Use the supplied charger to fully charge the smart flight battery before using it for the first time. Charge the remote control via the USB-C port using the supplied charger.

As a first time DJI drone owner when the Mavic Mini was released last November, the Mavic Air 2 looks like a very intriguing upgrade.

Similar flight time, faster, nearly 5 mile range, and using DJI Fly makes for nice transition for MM owners. I hope my Mini 5 tablet mount can fit on the front of the new controller. Also curious what the weight is ?

There was some speculation about side sensors, I wonder if these are sensors just below each motor?

bfcc6086393e6319009f72798392bba5.jpg

Reactions: dawgpilot
There was some speculation about side sensors, I wonder if these are sensors just below each motor?

bfcc6086393e6319009f72798392bba5.jpg
Believe those are front LEDs. However, it would be cool if they incorporated sensors into those.:)

Reactions: Drone Master
Blurred? I see clear advantages to M2P. I would never own the MA, but that's me.
MA = 1/2" 12mp sensor, 1mi range with WiFi comm, 16min flight time, very noisy
M2P = 1" 20mp sensor, 4mi range with OcuSync2 comm, 23min flight time, less noise

Yep exactly why I sold the air and bought the M2P. But remember the M2P wasn’t out yet. The decision at the time was whether the air was better than the MP.

Z

Not much about the camera yet....

It'll have a 1/2.3 CMOS sensor according to Osita LV.

If you can't quite afford/justify getting a Mavic 2 Pro then this will be a great option by the looks of it. Personally I'm relieved I won't be regretting buying my Mavic 2 Pro anyway!

Amazed it's got the antennas built into the actual controller too!

Trying to keep myself calm until the official release but it is hard. Been waiting for this a while now and it sure looks worth it from the news that are emerging.

How long does it usually take for DJI from "official release" until shipping?
I have only bought one drone and it was used (bought it to learn) so I have never been through a release with DJI.

Am I alone in thinking it's actually quite ugly??

I loved the looks of the MA1 in red, much as I really loved my Spark in my chosen colour. When I purchased my M2Z I would have paid extra for a choice of colours, but I have got used to it in it's boring grey. But This thing to me looks remarkably ugly. Would it really hurt DJI to consider looks a little???

For me the major open topic are still the side sensors. I understand that the 360° obstacle avoidance is not yet confirmed.

Am I alone in thinking it's actually quite ugly??

I loved the looks of the MA1 in red, much as I really loved my Spark in my chosen colour. When I purchased my M2Z I would have paid extra for a choice of colours, but I have got used to it in it's boring grey. But This thing to me looks remarkably ugly. Would it really hurt DJI to consider looks a little???

I get your point, I also like the looks of the Mavic Air, but for DJI to have a similar design on all drones in the Mavic series is for me expected, I would be very suprised if it didn't look like the other mavics since it is a series of drones for different users/usages. But honestly for me it could actually look like almost anything as long as it flies well and has good specs.

Trying to keep myself calm until the official release but it is hard. Been waiting for this a while now and it sure looks worth it from the news that are emerging.

How long does it usually take for DJI from "official release" until shipping?
I have only bought one drone and it was used (bought it to learn) so I have never been through a release with DJI.
Release to shipping? That will be something to watch. When the mm was released, several were stuck up north for longer than I cared to watch.
I have purchased several DJI products on release day, but this won’t be one of them. I had a good lesson with the minI and I’m not up for that adventure again. I’ll be doing some lurking and reading on this new one and not make the error again. Something on this one that I posted some time ago was a detail that I noticed on the back of the arms. There is a seam line that makes me wonder if the arms are hollow like the mini. If they twist like the mini, I’m out.

Reactions: FabulousBernt
I get your point, I also like the looks of the Mavic Air, but for DJI to have a similar design on all drones in the Mavic series is for me expected, I would be very suprised if it didn't look like the other mavics since it is a series of drones for different users/usages. But honestly for me it could actually look like almost anything as long as it flies well and has good specs.

I understand, and for me the same points are true. I purchased my M2Z for what it's capabilities are - not how it looks. And a corporate "Look and style" makes sense.

Reactions: FabulousBernt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki